Talk

Advanced search

Strapless Bras - are they supposed to feel a bit "loose"?

(10 Posts)
EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 10:36:07

I'm a very awkward bra size (32DD) and it can be difficult to find any decent bras in my size. However I've just ordered some "multiway" bras from next in 32DD and without the straps on they feel loose and on a night out I'm sure I'd be pulling them up every 10 minutes! This can't be right can it? But I've no hope of finding a 30DD sad

With the straps on they feel ok but not "tight" like you would expect a new bra to feel.

TrillianAstra Sat 13-Aug-11 10:38:19

If you think you'll be pulling it up all night then it's not doing its job.

Debenhams have 30DD

PeopleCallMeTricky Sat 13-Aug-11 10:40:10

Bravissimo?

Bellagio Sat 13-Aug-11 10:54:50

Ok, You need one of these
The best strapless bras ever. Fact smile

SirToffeeDoris Sat 13-Aug-11 10:55:49

This is the only strapless bra that has ever worked for me, doesn't shift at all - but it is not the most comfortable contraption

SevenAgainstThebes Sat 13-Aug-11 10:58:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeopleCallMeTricky Sat 13-Aug-11 11:00:19

Do you live anywhere near a bravissimo? Sounds like you need to be fitted. Try and go if you can, they're amazing smile

EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 11:35:46

Ok 3 votes there for the wonderbra - might have to invest!!

I did get measured in La Senza - I was wearing a 36D at the time - totally, totally wrong!! no wonder I always had saggy boobs. So because she measured me at a 30DD she said I would find that really uncomfortable after wearing a 36D for so long so she said a 32DD would be a good compromise until I got used to the tighter feel. Well now I am used to it and it no longer feels suffocating so perhaps I am now ready to go down to the 30DD?

HeavyHeidi Sat 13-Aug-11 12:46:20

if 32DD cups fit then you need 30E if you go down a band size. depends on the brand though, I find that La Senza comes up a lot smaller in the cup than for example Freya or Fantasie. And yes, both Bravissimo and Figleaves have a lot of choice in 30 band.

Strapless, as said, should be tight - I have this in 32F and am very happy with it, can dance the whole night without needing to pull it up.

QuinnFabray Sat 13-Aug-11 15:35:51

I have the wonderbra strapless in a 32DD, it's fabulous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now