Talk

Advanced search

Shoes I can walk in

(4 Posts)
Lexilicious Fri 12-Aug-11 19:56:37

any tips ?

I have 'walking to work shoes' and I have 'at work shoes'. Never the twain shall meet.

where is good for shoes that look stylish and maybe have a bit of a heel but don't cripple me after half a mile?

please no ecco or camper, I can't carry them off I just look frumpy

gilbert26 Fri 12-Aug-11 20:48:01

I always like Hush Puppies - they do some really nice 'work'/smart shoes with a bit of a heel that look great (not frumpy at all and sometimes come in cool colours like purple which is my favourite). Got lots of comments on the last pair I bought (not sold now which is a shame) which were a purple suede/patent affair with a medium height heel which were very easy to walk in and looked good with skirts or trousers. Also wore them til I was 38 weeks pregnant, so they must have been good. Could have cried the day they gave up the ghost sad

franticallyjugglinglife Fri 12-Aug-11 21:06:30

Shhh... But m and s are pretty good, and not expensive either. I bought these in purple recently, and they're fab!

Lexilicious Fri 12-Aug-11 21:12:58

Thank you thank you... the other thing to say is that as I walk galumph like an actual elephant, I either need titanium-reinforced or soft soles - otherwise I will be forever having them re-heeled. So probably the hush puppies are on the right track, I remember having them a lot when I was at secondary school, and I walked a mile or so each way then.

My winter walking shoes are brown Josef Seibel which make me look like a provincial German art teacher, and my summer ones are navy blue Vans which make me look like a slightly tragic mummy who no longer skateboards.

I never did skateboard though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now