Isabella Oliver dress

(8 Posts)
Zwitterion Fri 12-Aug-11 15:07:11

Catalogue arrived today and I really like this

Anyone got it?

Any thoughts?

Chandon Fri 12-Aug-11 15:11:59

I ordered a similar one last year.

it clung to my curves like nothing else and was so sexy I sent it back (if that makes sense, made me look like I was madly on the pull)

So it depends what you want from the dress grin

Zwitterion Fri 12-Aug-11 15:40:05

grin Chandon was thinking about it for work so maybe not then!

topsi Fri 12-Aug-11 17:32:27

I have [[ www.isabellaoliver.com/womens-clothing/uk/600/dresses/DR484.html this]] and it is well sexy. Think u will have to order it and see. The colours are quite muted and you could dress it down a bit. I love their stuff!!

OldBride Fri 12-Aug-11 19:02:31

I have two IO ruched dresses, both bought to wear when I go out dancing the tango. They are lovely dresses, but have a high lycra content and are very tight. You can arrange them to be longer or shorter and they do stay where you put them. The ruching hides any underwear lines but your body outline is pretty much out there for all to see.

higgle Sat 13-Aug-11 13:25:15

I have an Isabella Oliver ruched dress too - it does have a rather devastating effect on any males present grin

chocolateteabag Sat 13-Aug-11 20:13:14

`Buy it Buy it!! grin

I love IO jersey dresses - I'm 5ft 9 ins, pear shaped size 12/14. I have the ruched dress in charcoal and the draped dress in silver and they are fab.
I like the look of the zip dress - but in the slate rather than the bright Khaki pictured. With opaque tights it will look fine, you could always add a long cardigan if you wanted to tone down the "sexy".

I am trying to save for a leather jacket - even with the 15% off at the moment I can't quite justify it (FASHION15 if you don't have the catalogue - gets you free delivery too)

Zwitterion Sun 14-Aug-11 06:27:17

Thanks everyone. I do still love it, and in the grey definitely. But it's all a bit academic now as just found out I am pregnant, so I'm off to peruse the maternity section.

If my first pregnancy is anything to go by I will not be sporting a neat little bump like the IO models though. Rather I will just expand in all directions. Even the ruching may not cope with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now