Talk

Advanced search

Today I am wearing leopard print :-D

(29 Posts)
sweetheart Fri 12-Aug-11 09:31:00

After my leopard print shoe thread the other day and the realisation that I love a bit of classy leopard print I have found a scarf and am wearing it today. Love, love, love it grin

No point to this really other than to share

Iwantscallops Fri 12-Aug-11 09:37:19

You've got to love a bit of animal print. My neighbour and I love it and her being so close is fueling my obsession!

madammecholet Fri 12-Aug-11 10:49:17

I have a Louis Vuitton knock off leopard oversize scarf on today...yuuuuummmmy!

TimeForCake Fri 12-Aug-11 12:06:22

I need more information! Am a leopard print virgin but like the idea of a scarf. What are you all wearing your scarves with? Head to toe details please. Having a wardrobe overhaul at the moment so looking for lots of inspiration.

sweetheart Fri 12-Aug-11 12:59:31

I am wearing from top to toe this top in oatmeal
dark blue long jeans
nude heals
pearl earings
brown ring and pearl & gold bracelet.

I did contemplate wearing my shorter jeans today and wearing my leopard print ballet pumps too (which are hardly visable) but I decided it might be leopard print over kill and that one piece was probably for the best grin

I think it's best to wear it with plain stuff to liven it up and so you aren't overdoing the look.

I'd also wear it to the pub with maybe some killer heals, skinny jeans, plain top and either a blazer or leather jacket.

TimeForCake Fri 12-Aug-11 13:49:25

Thanks sweetheart, you sound very glam for a Friday afternoon!
Like the sound of all of that. Now to be brave and take the leopard print plunge! grin

sweetheart Fri 12-Aug-11 15:01:33

I'm at work - it's dress down friday so I'm allowed to wear jeans - hooray

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 12-Aug-11 15:07:22

I too am wearing leopard print shoes with jeans and a dark red top.

Have also just purchased a leopard print cardigan from whistles which is lovely.

Zwitterion Fri 12-Aug-11 15:58:00

But why why why does it look elegant on mostly everyone else and shite on me?

<shakes fist>

tethersend Fri 12-Aug-11 15:58:19

I am wearing a leopard print top with a yellow skirt.

TimeForCake Fri 12-Aug-11 16:50:13

I fear the same myself Zwitterion but since I have never tried wearing it properly, I am hoping I might get it right in small doses. If I'm honest, I don't think it'll work, but you never know! <hopeful>

Zwitterion Fri 12-Aug-11 17:38:58

Ooh TimeForCake what about a skinny belt? I've got leopard print knickers but I guess that's cheating.

TimeForCake Fri 12-Aug-11 17:48:23

LOVE that idea Zwitterion!

grin at your undies!

Gillybobs Fri 12-Aug-11 18:27:36

It is rare to find me without an item of animal print on - either ballet flats, wedges, a scarf or a cardi . Always stick to the one item rule though, that's essential grin

talkingnonsense Fri 12-Aug-11 18:31:45

So why does even the smallest bit of leopard print make me look like bet lynch? I want to look classy.

BuckBuckMcFate Fri 12-Aug-11 18:40:59

This is my sort of thread smile

Today I'm wearing black leggings
black shorts
black long sleeve tight tshirt
brown leather twist belt
brown and gold leopard skin gladiators (you have to look close to notice the print tbh)
and my absolute favourite leopard print scarf

I also think plain goes well with leopard print but do like to wear my navy and White stripey top and lp scarf.

And I've just lost some weight and can fit into my leopard print cardi again <<all is well sigh>>

TimeForCake Fri 12-Aug-11 18:42:17

I think that's my problem talkingnonsense, I immediately think of Bet Lynch but I'm going to persevere and take advice from here. On the lookout for a belt first...

Gillybobs Fri 12-Aug-11 19:38:00

Timeforcake just avoid wearing your hair in a giant beehive and you'll be fine grin

TimeForCake Fri 12-Aug-11 19:49:37

grin grinGilly! Will do. Oh and I won't smoke with one of those cigarette holders whilst standing behind the bar either! wink

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 12-Aug-11 20:01:42

As Caitlin Moran says ' leopard print is a neutral' wink

I too love leopard print with stripes and also with red.

Gillybobs Fri 12-Aug-11 20:13:27

Timeforcake I almost added the cigarette bit to my comment. Great minds.

Its true, it IS a neutral.

FaffTastic Fri 12-Aug-11 21:23:24

I bought a great leopard print skinny belt from Dorothy Perkins today. Looks a lot more expensive than it was. Can't wait to wear it with dark jeans or black skinnies or to liven up a black work-wear dress

PetiteMum Fri 12-Aug-11 21:27:38

Any links to these gorgeous scarves??

Gillybobs Fri 12-Aug-11 21:58:54

I bought [http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-CELEBRITY-Larger-Animal-Leopard-Print-Shawl-Scarf-/120659558145?pt=Women_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item1c17debf01#ht_3324wt_1180 this]] as recommended on another thread. V pleased with it

sweetheart Sat 13-Aug-11 13:00:37

I got my scalf from topshop but it's not on the website so I can't link to it. I've also got a leoard print skinny belt - I think it was from H&M - looks great on a black dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now