Talk

Advanced search

How do you decide what style you are - classic / romantic etc

(11 Posts)
sweetheart Fri 12-Aug-11 09:29:40

After reading some recent S&B threads and having had my colours and shape analysed I though I'd better find out my style type - does anyone know how I can do this?

TattyDevine Fri 12-Aug-11 11:41:41

I've been trying to work this out too.

I just found this, its quite good, I assume fairly accurate

If this is the case, I am most definitely Romantic.

sweetheart Fri 12-Aug-11 13:26:12

sad i don't think I fit any of those discriptions! Boohoo

Hellishday Fri 12-Aug-11 13:35:56

I presume they mean gamine not gamin.
I wouldn't read too much into it.

FunnyLittleFrog Fri 12-Aug-11 16:04:47

That's hilarious.

According to Diane and Flossie I'm an H Frame and as a taller laydee I have to be either 'Dramatic' or 'Natural'.

I am not particularly dramatic so that leaves me with 'rough and nubby' and the 'wrinkled look'. sad

Bonsoir Fri 12-Aug-11 16:08:06

What designers are you drawn to? Do they suit you? And how would you typify them?

sweetheart Fri 12-Aug-11 16:46:15

bonsoir - those questions are far too technical for me blush

latherrinserepeat Fri 12-Aug-11 21:20:03

I am pretty new to this colours/style business but am really excited by it. How would Jennifer Aniston be classified? She always looks great IMHO. I think I would be a classic based on tatty's we link above but as am a pear fear I could easily look boring and frumpy (plain block colours, classic shapes, a line kitts/bootcut jeans etc). Am far too young to be frump so what can I do to be classic with an up to date twist?

FrancesFarmer Fri 12-Aug-11 23:33:25

I don't identify with any of the style types on that list. It's not exactly exhaustive.

To define your personal style, make a scrapbook (on paper or online) of looks that appeal to you. Then you have to figure out which of these looks actually work for you in reality - they should both flatter your figure and make you feel good. It's an ongoing process imo but you get better at picking pieces you will truly love and avoiding mistakes in the long run.

TattyDevine Sat 13-Aug-11 16:14:31

Here's another website

I quite like the scrapbook idea...I think I might do that...

LauLauLemon Sat 13-Aug-11 16:20:31

I am an A/8 frame (I never know which as I am a size 18 and thighs are chunky but I have an average D bust and small waist) and 'Dramatic'.

Hm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now