Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your underwear and why?

(13 Posts)
greedygoose Thu 11-Aug-11 21:32:32

I have always gone M&S but am 34A and need padding and fancy something new. Need some good 'sets'...any ideas?

greedygoose Thu 11-Aug-11 21:33:07

Is Elle McPherson (or however you spell her name!) any good?

LuckyMrsT Fri 12-Aug-11 08:49:22

Yes Elle is lovely and you can often get it cheap at TK Maxx if you can be bothered to rummage. Have you looked at the Knickerbox stuff in Ann Summers? (don't be shy!) Very pretty.

Soups Fri 12-Aug-11 09:02:25

Usually from anywhere.

I recently went to M&S and bought
these

They're perfect for me, I'm a 34 B. Without padding I look a bit droopy and nipples always poking. All the padded bras I've tried, make me look as if I'm wearing a padded bra, they don't sit quite right. I hardly notice I'm wearing the M&S lightweight ones, and they really do give a smooth contour from the front. I've since bought 6 more.

Bonsoir Fri 12-Aug-11 09:03:44

Wolford
Bodas
Princesse Tam Tam
La Perla

All good for the neat of breast!

sweetheart Fri 12-Aug-11 09:33:54

I generally buy wonder bra's because I have small boobs. I think they do matching pants too but as I get their bra's in black, white and nude you can generally buy anything to match.

MarshaBrady Fri 12-Aug-11 09:34:24

Bodas

Sharney Fri 12-Aug-11 09:39:56

Triumph! I love their stores back in Australia. Haven't seen any here yet though. Has any one seen them in London?

picnicbasketcase Fri 12-Aug-11 09:41:44

George. Because the bras go up to my size and they're proper cheap and last ages.
<classy bird>

onelily Fri 12-Aug-11 11:24:00

La senza
La perla
M&S

PeterSpanswick Fri 12-Aug-11 11:37:12

La Senza because there is ALWAYS a sale on and they stock my size so I end up wandering in like a lamb to the slaughter.

Otherwise Debenhams / M and S / anywhere else that caters to the large of boob.

I can't get on with Ultimo, forgot this and bought a bikini from them online recently which was the oddest shape ever.

Matsikula Fri 12-Aug-11 11:56:36

If you've been getting measured at M&S as well as buying there, it's probably worth going to a proper department store (or Rigby and Peller) to make sure you are wearing the right size.

M&S seem to be terrible at measuring - usually the wrong back size so that the strap/band rides up halfway up your shoulder blades, the shoulder straps fall down constantly and you need the padding to get any shape.

Apologies if I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here!

onelily Fri 12-Aug-11 12:21:05

NO Matsikula i quite like ur way of explaining. Very clear and apt smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now