Talk

Advanced search

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow - any good?

(9 Posts)
TheMoreItSnows Thu 11-Aug-11 15:54:36

Greasy skin, eyeshadow slips off in a blink of an eye, considering investing in some of this.

Anyone use it? Is it as good as it makes out? And does the cream shadow brush really need to be used?

Greeny/hazel eyes - what colours do you wear?

wildfig Thu 11-Aug-11 16:47:42

I've got this in Beach Honey and Galaxy. It's not bad but I'm not sure it's quite as bombproof as is made out (is anything?!); I use it more as a base for smoky eyes, with powder shadow on top to set it, and then it does last all night. It's better than the No7 and Benefit versions.

You don't necessarily need the £16 cream shadow brush (!) either, but a flat, synthetic brush gives you neater application than patting it on with fingers; I've got a Ruby & Millie concealer brush that does a perfectly good job.

wildfig Thu 11-Aug-11 16:48:31

Oh, and the colours are all lovely, as you'd expect from BB!

TheMoreItSnows Thu 11-Aug-11 16:59:51

Wildfig - thanks!

Doesn't have to be bombproof bombproof - just normal workwear bombproof, fed up with shadow ending up only in the creases of my eyes.

I think I might give it a go once I've visited a counter to see what the colours really look like.

ameliagrey Thu 11-Aug-11 18:48:25

I bought some after asking here, but it made my eye lids itch- I have sensitive skin and sometimes get the tiniest bit of eczema on my eyelids which you can't see ( feels like slightly dry skin) but reacts to certain make up.

I used an old shadow brush which worked, and it was a devil to remove even with eye make up remover.

I bought Cement- but it was too pale and I wish had I kept it, that I had gone for Slate.

Pin0t Fri 12-Aug-11 11:22:32

I love love love BB LW shadows & liners. I have a dozen or so - they can be applied sheer with a finger tip, then built up for a deeper colour. Remove with Lancome BiFacil or babyoil.

Idiot proof and worth every penny as I still have yet to finish one. Sandy Gold suits all, Beach Bronze is great as a liner too, Galaxy is foe smoky nights and and and... I could rave all day!

ggirl Fri 12-Aug-11 11:31:27

I have a few, the mat ones look too chalky on me and the beach honey doesn't really suit me.

RichTeaAreCrap Fri 12-Aug-11 14:41:47

I have it, powder eyeshadow comes off on me too. I love this, its brilliant.

poppydog2 Fri 12-Aug-11 17:43:19

I love it. You can get great shades that you can apply with your finger - if in a hurry and it is always still there at the end of the day!!! Benefit also do a good version and it lasts pretty well...Yet to find a completely waterproof mascara to get me through the day though!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now