Talk

Advanced search

show me some non frumpy bobs please

(10 Posts)
sincitylover Thu 11-Aug-11 15:38:41

Have had a hair disaster - went last week to my normal hairdresser (cheap and cheerful) and he cut a shortish layer in my hair and because I didn't want to lose the length just trimmed the back - the layer wasn't blended and I looked like a 70s male rock star.

Next day I cut the long bit off and now have chin length bob with long fringe swept to the side(uneven at the back) with a bit of layering.

Im going tomorrow to another recommended hairdresser to have it tidied up and hopefully just more stylish looking. I will be growing it again as I do feel rather frumpy with this shorter cut (rightly or wrongly I liked my hair a bit longer).

I don't want a 'try too hard cut' as I think this looks silly on a middle aged woman. But do want something quite edgy and not helmet looking IYWIM.

I also want to have some ideas so that Im not persuaded to go even shorter.

The only good thing to come out of this is that my hair does look healthier as the ends have been cut off.

Perhaps I'll post a photo later of what it looks like now.

AmongstWomen Thu 11-Aug-11 15:50:40

I have a bob that is very slightly graduated at the back and gets slightly longer towards the front.

Not one of those really exagerrated Pobs but more like this.

It is very easy to maintain, but the stylist has to be able to cut the hair at the back with some skill, so that it falls nicely and doesnt require lengthy blow-drying of a morning (who has the time?)

HoneyPablo Thu 11-Aug-11 15:56:49

My hair is more like this but slightly longer at the front.
I find it really easy to look after and because it is longer at the front, still feels like I have some length.

mathanxiety Thu 11-Aug-11 16:00:18

How about Sienna Miller?

Or something like this?

Or this?

Or would they all be a bit short?

tethersend Thu 11-Aug-11 17:02:44

Do a Katie Holmes

sincitylover Thu 11-Aug-11 18:54:18

thanks for these - I like the Katie Holmes and yours AmongstWomen/HoneyPablo.

Math - those cuts are lovely on the models but maybe a bit short for me (although I did have short hair during my 20s).

Either way I have to think myself out of this frumpy mindset. When it was long it didn't really have a style tbh!

MarshaBrady Thu 11-Aug-11 18:56:14

this cut looks healthy and good on Heidi Klum.

Forgottensomething Thu 11-Aug-11 19:06:10

I'd really like a long bob too I'm not sure I'm brave -or thin- enough think I'd look frumpy but hey ho thanks for the pics I liked amanda Holden
www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jun2010/3/4/sm-image-2-591333963.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/06/06/amanda-holden-showed-off-a-dramatic-new-bob-hairstyle-during-britain-s-got-talent-final-115875-22314384/&h=330&w=450&sz=27&tbnid=mElLyjNs5jcH2M:&tbnh=93&tbnw=127&prev=/search%3Fq%3Damanda%2Bholden%2Bbob%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=amanda+holden+bob&docid=1CamGGTu4HX3pM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=xBlETvvxFcSChQee-ryhCQ&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAg here

sincitylover Fri 12-Aug-11 18:04:08

well I went to a lovely salon today and have got a great haircut. Sort of layered bob quite short but looks good nonetheless.

And feel so much better.smile

jamaisjedors Sat 13-Aug-11 15:46:37

photos?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now