Talk

Advanced search

Calling all Swedish Hasbeen owners...

(5 Posts)
WillPenn Thu 11-Aug-11 12:35:23

I've just received my Hasbeen jodhpur boots (bargain of the century at only £75 in the sales!!!) in natural/light brown. They are lovely and v. comfy. It suggests on the blurb that one can apply olive oil to the natural colour to improve the leather's waterproof properties and make it more flexible. Has anyone attempted this? I'm worried I might make them go all blotchy or something but wouldn't mind if it darkened the leather a bit.

shopalot Thu 11-Aug-11 16:36:39

Yes I did the whole olive oil thing. it did darken them slightly but didn't go patchy. I think it has repelled marks so I would do it again. However I wouldn't buy hasbeens again in a light colour as the back of my right heel has marked really badly from driving. occasionally I sand it off and it is fine but is a PITA. Would be fine if I didn't drive.

WillPenn Thu 11-Aug-11 18:27:48

Thanks alot shopalot! Very useful advice. I'll make sure I don't drive too much in them - I don't drive much anyway. I realize that the colour is not super practical - but it goes with many of my clothes and I couldn't pass up a 75% discount...

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 11-Aug-11 20:06:25

Shopalot - put some cif on it.

I left mine to darken naturally and they did fine.

shopalot Thu 11-Aug-11 21:02:34

Tried CID on the heel. I even tried astonish but have to sand them,not really a problem but a little annoying! Thanks anyway though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now