Talk

Advanced search

Bra Fitting

(9 Posts)
LucyLastik Thu 11-Aug-11 10:26:12

Where is the best place to get measured and fitted for bras? It will be my first time blush so would like to go somewhere good!

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 11-Aug-11 10:32:19

little independent shops with plenty of different brands they are usually the best and have plenty of time to fit you properly, plus they don't want you flog their brand at all cost.

SevenAgainstThebes Thu 11-Aug-11 10:52:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeavyHeidi Thu 11-Aug-11 11:52:07

Listen to Seven and yes, whatever you do, stay out of M&S!

LucyLastik Thu 11-Aug-11 12:17:59

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm a Peacocks kind of gal so never really been into posh shops like La Senza. The best I could come up with was M&S and Debenhams, there's not much doing round here in the bra department.

Thanks again, will have a scout around whilst out shopping today. I have a DC free day and I'm so excited!

ameliagrey Thu 11-Aug-11 15:35:52

M&S is fine once you know your size.

Also, all bras vary so you need to re-think every time you buy a new style.

I speak as one who lived in 34As for most of my adultlife- then realised I could fitt into a 32 back, and now wear either a 32C or 32D depending on cup style.

Las Senza are very small fitting and I have to go up either a cup ( to a D) or a back size, usually.

wildfig Thu 11-Aug-11 17:02:00

Another convert here to the Bravissimo fitting experience. After reading an epic MN bra fitting thread, I got that 'hmm, now you mention it, my bra feels wrong' niggly sensation, and went to the Margaret St branch when I was last in London. Good news: I am a nork-tacular 34DD! Bad news: I have drawers and drawers full of 36C bra sets, mainly thanks to M&S fitters, who once tried to tell me I was a 38A.

To give them credit, Rigby & Peller spotted that I was a 34DD on sight, when I took my mum for a fitting; I thought they were just being nice to me.

SevenAgainstThebes Thu 11-Aug-11 20:52:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeavyHeidi Fri 12-Aug-11 09:26:11

I'm shock at "fitting" a 34DD with 38A! Surely anybody would see that it does not fit? Except for the "trained fitters" at M&S, apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now