Talk

Advanced search

Calling all winters! Make-up?

(7 Posts)
goinnowhere Thu 11-Aug-11 10:19:28

Following on from recent "colours" threads which seemed useful.. I am a (admittedly self diagnosed but fairly confident) winter. sJust wondered if fellow winter types could make suggestions of some lipstick and eye colours that really work. I think I've gone astray form when I was younger and been influenced by what's fashionable. I've tried to do a "nude" lipstick, but failed dismally. Any thoughts?

netbook Thu 11-Aug-11 11:13:39

I'm a winter
Before I had my colours done I used to really dither when buying makeup, couldn't decide which colours were best, especially blusher.
But now I use the colour palette, darker colours for eye shadow, pinks for blusher (this has been a live saver, realising I need really clear pink).
Nude lipstick was the hardest, I only wear it now if it's got a pinky base. I use this in nude, kind of a lip colour but better iyswim.
Good luck!

goinnowhere Thu 11-Aug-11 12:16:55

Thanks. Today I slapped on a plummier gloss. Is def better.

nicole333 Sun 14-Aug-11 17:25:59

I'm a deep, cool and clear (a clear winter in old money). When I had my colours done I was told that lipstick would really bring those tones alive. In other words vibrancy!! Think blue based cool and clear tones, although thinking about it is there such a thing as a warm winter? I don't know, but if there is then go for warm yellow based colours.

A nude would be completely the wrong way to go for me. I go for blue (cool) based deeper pinks and can see a real lift in my face.

nicole333 Sun 14-Aug-11 17:28:18

Sorry, that was lip colours I was talking about!! For eyes I was advised a blue toned lilac purple that looks nicer than it sounds, with a charcoal pencil. It really works. My eyes are hazel brown.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Sun 14-Aug-11 18:19:06

I am a winter & I have just discovered (after chasing a woman) a lovely nude lipstick that looks great on me,not too pinky or chalky looking,quite expensive chanel allure in colour insouciance ???? on spelling,anyway £24 but well worth it as I finally have a lipstick in a shade that looks natural not fake

goinnowhere Sun 14-Aug-11 21:32:37

Will have a look at the Chanel lippy. Funny, I used to do this stuff instinctively when I was younger, but lost my way over the years. My mantra will be "color and contrast" grin. I always used to wear purples on eyes. Browns make mo look seriously ill. Green on eyes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now