Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Osprey bags

(9 Posts)
virgo1979 Thu 11-Aug-11 08:13:09

Has anyone seen this bag in real life? Does it fit nicely under the arm, and does it look nice? Usually like Osprey but just wanted some other opinions....its my 'return to work after 14 months off bag'..... sad

Also never bought brands from TK Maxx before, I assume they are legit etc....

www.tkmaxx.com/handbags-view-all/black-leather-mock-croc-handbag/invt/11181187/

virgo1979 Thu 11-Aug-11 08:55:01

bump before I order?

netbook Thu 11-Aug-11 09:16:59

I don't normally like Osprey, find them a bit too formal for me.
Having said that, I like the one you've linked too. Good price for a nice shiney leather bag, good long straps so it will go over your coat, 2 straps so you can get into it without having to take it off your shoulder.
Go for it.
Good luck with returning to work smile

netbook Thu 11-Aug-11 09:19:49

One word of warning with Tkmaxx, you can pay by paypal but if you do and then decide to take it back to a shop for a refund you can only get a credit note, not a refund. Apart from that I've ordered quite a bit from them and never had a problem.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 11-Aug-11 09:22:52

Not that bag but have one of their mock croc bags in tan just a different style. I really like it as I like fairly formal/smart bags for work, people do admire it. Mine does fit nicely under the arm, the hands are plenty long enough but not so long I can't carry it in hand.

That's a massive saving! I've never bought from TKMax either but sure it must be OK as they're a big company and if they were knock offs I'm sure Osprey would be taking action.

virgo1979 Thu 11-Aug-11 10:14:14

Aha, my plan worked grin......will HAVE to buy it now... Thanks ladies

dexter73 Thu 11-Aug-11 10:26:02

I have an Osprey bag and I have been massively disappointed with the quality. The stitching has come undone in several places and the outer surface of the leather has worn away leaving brown patches on a navy bag. It is only 6 months old too sad

virgo1979 Thu 11-Aug-11 17:34:31

netbook, you can no longer pay by paypal on TK Maxx website, maybe too much hassle for them with returns?

Dexter have ordered them now so wil see, that's awful though especially if you had paid full rice for a bag. I can be quite rough with my handbags as have a laptop bag too so they got thrown around abit, but would expect better from a company charging those (full) prices. Will wait and see

dexter73 Thu 11-Aug-11 18:31:17

I bought mine in the sale for about £60. I still use it but it is looking shabby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now