Talk

Advanced search

Is this karma?

(8 Posts)
duffybeatmetoit Wed 10-Aug-11 13:37:20

Up to the age of 44, I was really fortunate to have had good skin and to look significantly younger than actually was. In the following 4 years I've had DD and entered menopause. My skin's crap, I've aged dreadfully and hardly recognise myself. I've gone from being Dorien Gray to being the picture in the attic sad

This is payback time isn't it?

KaySirah Wed 10-Aug-11 13:38:32

botox

duffybeatmetoit Wed 10-Aug-11 14:26:56

There's no way you'd get me doing that KaySirah

HilaryDevey Wed 10-Aug-11 15:46:13

A decent face cream and lots of water should help.

Try Olay Regenerist serum - tis pretty good and not too hideously expensive if you look out for offers in Boots or Sainsbos. Or if you're loaded Lancome do one called Genefique, or something, which is excellent (I've only tried a sample).

duffybeatmetoit Wed 10-Aug-11 15:53:18

Can't apply any cream (water or oil based) to my face without coming out in spots at the moment. My skin is dreadfully dry and tight but any hint of moisturiser and it erupts which isn't good with skin that scars easily.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 10-Aug-11 15:55:22

A good dermatologist.

Smallbrownbird Thu 11-Aug-11 15:32:36

I have very dry skin, especially in the run up to a period, and I find taking a capsule (or two if v. bad) a day of flaxseed oil can help. Holland & Barratt often have it on offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now