Talk

Advanced search

Why did they choose brown??????

(16 Posts)

My son needs chocolate brown trousers to wear as a page boy for my brother's wedding. He's 5yrs and very skinny and I can't find anything!

Please can you lovely people help me?

TIA

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 09:47:55

try Alex and alexa. Whats ur budget and his size?

As cheap as possible! And he's a tall 5yr old so 5-6 but with a very skinny waist.

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 10:32:55

haha.. i like that. btw genrally buy my daughter's clothes from there. If u can wait till sept as generally they put big sale around then would be more economical for you

lucykate Wed 10-Aug-11 10:49:00

la redoute brown velour, these come in a size 4-5yrs

vertbaudet brown with a pin stripe could look quite smart for a wedding, in stock in a size 6yrs

combat ones may be a bit too casual though

sizes at la redoute tend to favour slender kids

LetLoveRule Wed 10-Aug-11 10:49:55

Brown school trousers here:

www.marksandspencer.com/Boys-Supercrease-Pleat-Front-Trousers/dp/B003C8MAPK?extid=TP_2_FRO_T_MSF_

lucykate Wed 10-Aug-11 10:51:25

loads of brown boys trousers in boden too

stupefy Wed 10-Aug-11 10:52:14

I bought some in M&S last week. They cost a tenner.
www.marksandspencer.com/gp/search/node-finder-action.html?size_code=&color_map=p_10%3ABrown&binNames=size_code%2Ccolor_map&selectedNode=46448031&isFromFinder=1&isPersonalShopper=0

Thank you all so much. I seem to have a missing gene when it comes to googling things!

The M&S school trouser type ones seem to be the best for what my sil is wanting.

Now to find a cream jacket - please note, these are not my colour choices grin

lucykate Wed 10-Aug-11 10:59:22

try ebay too. i got ds a beige linen suit for my brothers wedding last year, brand new originally form next, for £12 inc a shirt.

loads of people sell kids wedding outfits that have only been worn the once.

Blimey, I need a brown shirt for him as well!

Wow - I love the stuff in Alex and Alexa but the prices made my eyes bleed grin Ds is a combats and scruffy t-shirts kid so anything that I get for this wedding will be a 'worn once and passed on' outfit.

<dreams of a son dressed in AandA clothes with clean hands and fingernails>

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 12:30:03

hehe

onelily Thu 11-Aug-11 09:31:12

try babycurls. read abt some cashback voucher on another thread

Thanks for everyone's help. I found a brown suit with a cream shirt and waistcoat on ebay which I've convinced my brother will be perfect - all for £30. Fab bargain that will be back on ebay as soon as the wedding's over grin. Now I just have to hope I can walk in my heels (eeek) and that my burnt boobs tone down!

catswipe Thu 11-Aug-11 22:36:46

Possibly take a chance and buy beige and machine dye it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now