Talk

Advanced search

What to wear - please help!

(8 Posts)
OohIsThatAFlake Wed 10-Aug-11 01:06:51

I'm going out on Friday to a clubby night at local hotspot. Famous DJ type playing. V unusual for where I live. Place is usually full of tiny girls in very small clothes and huge high heels.

I'm a 35-year old mother of two small children. Reasonably slim and stylish, i hope! But I have no idea what to wear on Friday night and am sooo scared of actually looking like a mummy!

Any advice gratefully received!

madammecholet Wed 10-Aug-11 08:27:40

Don't wear a dress as its 'try too hard' iykwim. I'd wear skinny or straight fitted trousers, black or a bright bright colour like emerald green/coral/red, and a silk top, T or blouse. The longest gold earrings you can find and loads of gold bangles.

Plus high heels, in a clashing colour to trousers or black if not and a small across body bag (for in the club)...

Wear a fur jacket over the top, or leather biker jacket....loads of heavy eye makeup and nude gloss lips...

Last time I went out dancing (for the first time in about 15 years!) I wore:

grey skinny combats
black silk camisole
little sequinned jacket thing (stolen from dd1)
high strappy wedge heels
lots of silver bangles

I suspect I did look like a 'mummy' because, let's face it, I'm not 25 anymore - but I felt fine and had a good time anyway. Nobody really cares what you are wearing tbh because they are all more bothered about what they look like themselves.

The time before that I wore a black Anglomania dress and the same high wedges and bangles.

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 09:53:39

Have been longing to buy a jumpsuit jst rt in my budget. then i come across this one on twitter, somebody advertising.
You can also have a look at this one with this seems to be quite sexy!

PersonalShopper Wed 10-Aug-11 10:58:40

Keep it sophisticated i say. Black leggings, high high heels, fitted blazer and a tank top. With gold bangles and earrings.

The heels and accesories give you the glamourous element and the blazer gives you a sophisticated edge.

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 12:07:47

PersonalShopper-agreed.. bt since u letting ur hair down and partying, u shd experiment and try NOT looking Ms.perfect for once

OohIsThatAFlake Wed 10-Aug-11 13:26:07

So the dark print prom dress over black scoop neck and leggings with huge heels is a little off the mark then? Darn I AM old before my time a mummy!

Nooooooooo to leggings - leggings and sophisticated do not belong in the same sentence imho. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now