Talk

Advanced search

How do you get rid of a monobrow?

(13 Posts)
foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:12:20

I am virtually hairless and v blonde.

Dd is v v dark and v hairy (dh's colouring!). She is off to secondary school and wants rid of her monobrow. I want to help her but not sure of the best way.

We did try a small patch of hair removal cream but it didn't remove a thing and I don't want to use it for longer than recommended.

What is the best way given she's young and I don't want anything too harsh on her!

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 09-Aug-11 19:14:25

I would take her for threading or waxing, it is uncomfortable but the results are very natural and last for quite a while. Its about a fiver.

foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:15:56

Does threading hurt? I saw the ladies who run our local caf do it

saltyseadog Tue 09-Aug-11 19:16:29

Yes yes - threading. Not painful, more uncomfortable. Slightly more like £7 - £10 around here though (although for the monobrow sporters amongst us, worth every penny wink)

HerRoyalNotness Tue 09-Aug-11 19:18:21

Doesn't really hurt. If she is very selfconscious, I'd save up and have the laser removal done. With threading, waxing etc.. there will be regrowth in between. Not sure if there are age limits though, but maybe okay with your consent.

I was a very hairy child, well, still am, (hairy, not a child) and having my 'tache done as an adult was so uplifting.

foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:18:31

Thank you so much both of you. Her hair is so much thicker than mine, I suspected we might need some outside help!

stupefy Tue 09-Aug-11 19:18:48

Absolutely threading! it is the only way to deal with agressive eyebrows.

foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:21:25

Yes she has a tache developing but luckily it's still quite light

I told her when she's older we will get some laser hair removal done on it as I think this will be a permanent problem for her!

This is what happens when you marry someone with a Mediterranean complexion! Of course, sod's law, ds got my colouring and is virtually hairless much to his annoyance!

How often did you have the laser treating Hrn?

foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:22:43

Treatment not treating

I had never even heard of threading till a few year's ago! Sounds utterly bizarre

HerRoyalNotness Tue 09-Aug-11 19:41:20

I had 6 sessions. Bought as a package. I could do with probably another 2, but haven't got around to it yet. Wish it was around when I was younger. DH is always affectionately teasing me about my hobbit feet and such.

foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:56:24

Thanks Hrn. As I get older, I find hair sprouting in the most annoying places (toes, moles ffs).

Will look at age limits for laser treatment but will probably wait till she's out the other end of puberty as her skin is changing a lot poor girl!

Threading it is for now!

Soups Tue 09-Aug-11 20:12:43

I found threading most painful the first time round, it didn't help that my eyes were very tired at the time, so it was more very irritating. I kinda enjoy it now!! A pain killer 20 mins before doesn't go amiss. You could ask just for the bit in between her brows to be done only? She can get used to it, then decide later if she wants more done. It is very quick, effective, and gives a nice finish, you don't have all those little fine hairs left over.

LolaRennt Tue 09-Aug-11 20:35:03

If she is likely to be hairy, don't let her shave her legs. Get her to wax, its painful but she wil thank you for it later. I hate the dark hair on my legs, I just pluck my monobrow btw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now