Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever returned make-up to the shop?

(9 Posts)
Househunter Tue 09-Aug-11 13:32:33

I just bought Clinique Superbalanced Powder Make Up.

I asked for a powder to wear over foundation and was recommended this one. But I hate it! It seems to be more of a mineral make-up foundation than a powder to wear over a liquid foundation. It is really cakey and the brush is crap. It might work better on its own with a good brush but I don't want to spend another £20 on a brush, and I didn't want mineral foundation in the first place! I bought a foundation at the same time so don't even need another foundation.

I don't know whether I can return it to the Clinique counter as was 'mis-sold' it. I have also lost the receipt but I could show them my credit card statement (although the exact amount would not be there as I bought several items together).

Is there any point in trying to return it? Just feel so gutted at paying £27 for something I can't use!

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Tue 09-Aug-11 13:35:42

Definitely take it back.

I've got super sensitive skin, so end up taking things back quite regularly.

skyebluepink Tue 09-Aug-11 13:38:19

Clinique don't do samples because they operate a money back guarantee. I got told yesterday

Househunter Tue 09-Aug-11 13:43:45

skybluepink -which shop was that in? I bought this item in Boots.

skyebluepink Tue 09-Aug-11 20:09:23

It was a Clinique counter in boots!

Clinique is a massive corporation, you were mis sold something and it doesn't work for you. Be confident that you have every right to a refund because they ve a returns policy that if you are unhappy you get your money back.

Househunter Tue 09-Aug-11 21:35:31

Thanks. Will try tomorrow (riots allowing).

Househunter Thu 11-Aug-11 13:11:58

Just thought I would pop back and say thanks for the advice to return. They originally said it would have to be the same branch but when I said that would be difficult they gave me an exchange for a pressed powder and refunded the difference. Very pleased with Clinique's customer service! smile

wineandcheese Thu 11-Aug-11 17:03:27

Result!

I swapped a Bobbi Brown eye brightener in Selfridges the other day (original shade was a tad too dark). No problem whatsoever, even though I'd used it once. Was amazed (and mightily grateful, given that it cost £20)!

ameliagrey Thu 11-Aug-11 18:46:03

I took some eye shadow back to Bobbi Brown in John Lewis and got it swapped for concealer which I use. They would have credited or exhanged- not sure if what they would have done if I had pushed for a refund- i was just so pleased to get something back! the shadow made my eyes itch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now