Talk

Advanced search

Mom's B'day gift

(13 Posts)
onelily Tue 09-Aug-11 13:23:35

Its my mother-in-law's birthday, next month. she turns 56. me & my husband can't decide on what to gift. since we moving to london, so kinda caught up with shifting nd all. so no holidays as of now.
Umm.. can't decide on clothes, coz she is very brand conscious. Anything other than that and at a bargainable price would be welcomed.
Thnks in advance!

bagelmonkey Tue 09-Aug-11 13:41:10

56 bars of her favourite chocolate

onelily Tue 09-Aug-11 13:44:20

Umm... nice idea. Bt she isnt too fond of chocolates. Bt my daughter would certainly love that idea for her b'day!

bagelmonkey Tue 09-Aug-11 13:48:05

Is there anything small (ie cheap) that she likes that you could get 56 of?
Or does she have a favourite restaurant you could get her a voucher for?

onelily Tue 09-Aug-11 13:54:33

umm.. she is fond of shoes. has like some 50pairs. other than that, since there's a party on her b'day, dnt knw whether a hotel voucher would look nice.
I am thinking more of a some electronic product

bagelmonkey Tue 09-Aug-11 14:39:20

A shoe-shining machine?

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 09:40:24

Whats that?

PersonalShopper Wed 10-Aug-11 11:01:39

What about earings or a watch?

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 12:02:33

Sounds nice.But she likes her jewellery to be in gold. So rt now seems expensive. Can u suggest any good brand watch? Btw how much will it cost?

DanielleFullTimeMum Wed 10-Aug-11 12:31:47

When I'm stuck for gifts I get my kids to do it for me. I've got a drawer of plain tea towels and fabric paints and we just have a bit of fun drawing and colouring. Usually one is pretty OK to give as a gift, and no granny can refuse ;-) I got mine from the clever baggers 'cos they do small orders and are pretty good. just an idea :-)

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 12:33:45

Good one! Thx danielle. i think i let my daughter do it. As her individual gift for granny. Bt doesnt solve my major problem smile

bagelmonkey Wed 10-Aug-11 12:41:22

Can you get some kind if shoe care product if she's really into shoes? A cleaning kit or nice protective bag for travelling or something. Semi-practical, boring, but shows you know what she's into???
(shoe-cleaning machine was one of those shining machines you see in hotels)

onelily Wed 10-Aug-11 13:05:51

Oh! Well i think i would buy one for myself. She wud think i am indicating her shoes arent clean smile Btw can u tell me some deals abt the shoe cleaning machine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now