GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 09-Aug-11 00:05:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KaySirah Tue 09-Aug-11 09:17:25

right
a cut firstly
then use aussie for cheap or kerestase for ££ stuff

and use frizz ease

KatyParrish Tue 09-Aug-11 09:41:14

Ah mines the same, I wander if some sort of deep conditioning treatment would work. But which one?...

LaCerbiatta Tue 09-Aug-11 09:49:36

I had the same problem (there's a thread about it from a few weeks back) and tried a few different things.

Somehow I was expecting the answer to be in silicone free, organic products, but those didn't work.

I then tried Kerastase deep conditioning mask and it made a big difference but you have to leave it on for enough time and I ended up not using it as often as I needed. So for the in-between washes I got a cheap Pantene conditioner (this one). It is really really good and my hair is no longer straw like!

By the way, Aussie 3 minute miracle and Argan oil were two things I was recommended but didn't work at all for me.

blueskydrinking Tue 09-Aug-11 14:08:20

Here's my 'holy grail'!

Somebody said on another thread that it's the shampoo which makes the difference and I completely agree with this. I always use a really good quality shampoo and have spent ££ on this - HOWEVER have recently discovered TommyGuns which is only a fiver but fantastic. I use wild nettle and Jasmine (the orange one) which is for dry hair and works a treat.

The other thing I do, ideally once a week, is rub baby oil into the ends and leave on for as long as I can be bothered before washing as usual. Fantastic. The lavender one makes it smell really nice as well!

I'm currently using Crabtree and Evelyn Aloe Vera conditioner, about £7 a bottle.

MissBeehiving Tue 09-Aug-11 16:15:20

Had the same problem about 8 weeks ago. I started using Ojon once a week, also used VO5 hot oil which was pretty good. I also use a leave in conditioner (Charles Worthington) and argan oil. Now looks shiny and swingy again.

I'm going to try Phillip Kingsley elasticiser which people rave about on here and also a mild shampoo and macademia oil. I'm such a product slut grin

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 09-Aug-11 16:24:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KaySirah Tue 09-Aug-11 16:26:19

frizz ease on sodden hair is the dogs nuts

LaCerbiatta Thu 11-Aug-11 12:11:01

I find the Pantene stuff very very good, and I'm usually hmm of cheap products being as good as the expensive ones! But I always make sure I leave the conditioner on for at lease 2 mins.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 11-Aug-11 12:24:05

Have a good trim to get rid of the ends.

Get some deep conditioning treatments. Put them on when you have a bath then pile your hair on top of your head and cover in cling film. Take a book and read it for as long as you fancy and then wash out thoroughly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now