Talk

Advanced search

Anyone fancy a challenge?

(6 Posts)
Mumswang Mon 08-Aug-11 17:40:12

I've got a wedding to attend in the second half of September. I am due to give birth today. Doesn't look as if I am going to give birth today so depending on when it happens I will be between 2 and 4 ish weeks postpartum

What the hell can I wear?

I'm scared if I leave it until just before to buy something the shops will be all out of weddingy stuff, which I realise may already be the case. And I don't think I'll fancy shopping if I've just had it

I may still look 9 months gone

I may have magically shrunk (a bit)

I need boob access

I'm pretty skint, so really can't afford more than £60, £80 at a push if there were somthing amazing that will make an exhausted, hormonal, lactating woman look half way acceptable

Pre pregnancy I was a size 14. 34F. 5'8 blondeish

Who knows what I am now

Anyone suggest anything that can help me?

FauxFox Mon 08-Aug-11 18:14:29

I would go for a V neck wrap dress with some sort of pattern on it like this

It will be flexible on size and flatter your figure and the pattern will disguise any burps of baby sick that are bound to get on you and show if you choose black or a block dark colour. Add nude heels and accessorise with your nappy bag of choice grin

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 08-Aug-11 18:22:30

I'd go for separates personally as discreet bf is easier with a top and cardigan type thing on - or at least thats what I found.

So I'd personally go for trousers, double vest top for ease of access and a pretty kimono style jacket.

Mumswang Mon 08-Aug-11 20:25:15

Kimono style jacket sounds good. Would that go with sorm kind of straight wide legged trousers? That would be more forgiving than a dress I suppose

I think my Arse would look huuuuuuge in a wrap dress

And has anyone seen anything like that? I'm so out of the shopping loop after 6 months of elasticated waists

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 08-Aug-11 20:28:37

H&M had some good kimono tops/ jackets that are far more reasonable than the ones in Topshop et al. Also check out Dorothy Perkins, some lovely things in there.

Mumswang Mon 08-Aug-11 20:52:13

Thanks kendodd I'll check em both out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now