Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy brightly coloured clothes for DS (3 yo)?

(27 Posts)
HappyAsIAm Mon 08-Aug-11 16:07:06

I like him to look like a little boy, and not to wear clothes that I think older boys or even teenge boys would be wearing. And I like him to wear colours like red, rather than sludge colours or shades of blue and brown all the time.

At the moment, I get his things in Boots, Baby Boden (he is in the oldest size 3-4 now), or M&S (for the odd thing), BlueZoo in Debenhams (again, for the odd thing) but by far the most of his things from JoJo Maman Bebe. I like appliques (rather than transfers) and knits and definitely no slogans. And yes, I am quite aware that I am a fussy so and so!

I don't really want to spend £££ (High Street prices are fine), and this is the kind of thing I typically like:

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp+boys-tops-and+t-shirts - all of the bottom row of tops

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp+boys-jumpers-and+sweatshirts - the helicopter tank top and the stripey tank top next to it in red

suzikettles Mon 08-Aug-11 16:08:55

H&M can be worth a look for colourful boys' stuff. They often have yellow, orange, red and green as well as the usual blue and sludgy shades.

hoxtonchick Mon 08-Aug-11 16:12:22

monsoon

jenrendo Mon 08-Aug-11 16:14:00

Are you me?!!!!! I have the same problem. Was going to suggest Jojos and Boots but you've already used them. I'm waiting to see who else comes along with suggestions. My DS is only 10 months and usually wears red and blue. I hate him looking like a wee 'man' but want him to look like a modern wee boy. I LOVE Jojos and luckily, the grandparents do too wink. What about House of Fraser? They have a range of (very expensive) stuff called Polarn O. Pyret. I was given some baby things when DS was born and they were lovely. Can't wait to hear other suggestions!

midnightexpress Mon 08-Aug-11 16:16:19

Zara. DS2 has some very fabulous emerald green skinny jeans that I got there. I think they had red and blue as well.

Not sure if skinny jeans are what you would consider 'for older boys' though? If so, please reconsider - since I realised that they do not drape in puddles and are a doddle to fit inside welly boots, I buy them at every opportunity. grin

DirtyMartini Mon 08-Aug-11 16:17:08

Rainbowbabies.

Iggly Mon 08-Aug-11 16:17:17

I get the odd pack of plain but colourful tops from next. Same with m&s (DS is 22 months). Sometimes, but rarely, can find the odd thing in gap in the sale.

I do get annoyed with clothes for kids though! I don't want anything too adult for DS - he's still so young!

rushofbloodtothefeet Mon 08-Aug-11 16:17:33

Nordic Kids stuff is lovely (if a bit pricey). Also Polarn o Pyret as jenrendo said.

midnightexpress Mon 08-Aug-11 16:18:09

Oh Polarn O. Pyret! They are gorgeous. Really well made too. However, DP bought two of the rain jackets for the DC and they have a. No hoods confused and b. No pockets. They do look nice though.

TattyDevine Mon 08-Aug-11 16:20:28

Zara has some bright t shirts and hoodies and stuff (beat me to it Midnight) and whilst some of them are teenagerish in style, others are not, but they are bright coloured.

TattyDevine Mon 08-Aug-11 16:20:50

Also La Redoute/Verbaudet had some fairly bright bits and pieces including outerwear

BikeRunSki Mon 08-Aug-11 16:22:24

You are me! Adams and Mini Mode used to be good, but neither exist any more. But I find briight "toddler, not teenager" stuff in:

H&M
Mini Boden (bigger than Baby Boden)
Rainbow kids (Google)
Some stuff in Next, but you have to look through the dross
Tu at Sainsbury's
John Lewis
The odd bit in Mothercare
Joules

Nolda Mon 08-Aug-11 16:22:27

John Lewis do some tops similar to the Jojo ones (and a bit cheaper).

IAmTheCookieMonster Mon 08-Aug-11 16:25:34

I got a neon green t-shirt with a monster face on and a neon pink one with a dragon on from next

jenrendo Mon 08-Aug-11 16:27:22

Oh dear the credit card is out! Nordic Kids is LOVELY ! Midnight I bought a rain jacket too and it showed a hood in the picture but came out of the bag with no hood and no fastenings for a hood. I sent it back. Was gutted as I loved it. However, got one from Jojo's now smile

lynniep Mon 08-Aug-11 16:30:11

MIL always bought our DS's stuff from John Lewis which was gorgeous. I said the same sort of thing to my sister once, that I could never find any bright and cute toddler clothes for boys. She very excitedly bought me a load of pastel blue generic stuff from Matalan. It was super sweet of her, and I gushed profusely, but I dont think she understood what I was getting at...

sweetheart Mon 08-Aug-11 16:30:50

I have just stocken up ds's wardrobe with some bright t-shirts from Next. They also have tracksuits in a nice bright green / yellow this year here or red

HerdOfTinyElephants Mon 08-Aug-11 16:31:10

Jako-o online is good, although they tend to be prints rather than applique.

Nolda Mon 08-Aug-11 16:31:57

If you like scando clothes, try Bebaboo. They have extra 30% off at the moment with code "SUMMER". They are usually cheaper than Nordic Kids but watchout for delivery costs. Code not valid on new Smafolk range (boo).

BikeRunSki Mon 08-Aug-11 18:31:32

TK Maxx worth checking out from time to time too, and, surprisingly, Milletts.

Oakmaiden Mon 08-Aug-11 18:33:30

pumpkin patch have some nice stuff in their online sale.

Sariska Mon 08-Aug-11 19:33:02

I'm a fellow JoJo fan but Green baby often have nice bright stuff: John Lewis sell them but for a full range you need their own online store. Also the French DPAM (Du Parail Meme) worth a look. Oh, yes, and Hatley for rain macs.

And I second (or third or whatever) Rainbow Babies, Monsoon, Boden (although IMO much of the Mini - as opposed to Baby - range is too old) and the odd bit of John Lewis and Next, especially if you buy early in the season as I find it's the bright cheerful stuff that sells out fastest. Strange that hmm.

Sariska Mon 08-Aug-11 19:35:15

Du Pareil au Meme.

CMOTdibbler Mon 08-Aug-11 19:43:38

Joules and John Lewis do it for us. joules is pricey, but their sales are good, and the stuff washes amazingly well.
DH and I like him in leggings too - plain from H&M, stripy from Stardust

HappyAsASandboy Mon 08-Aug-11 21:43:26

I like M & Co - they have children's clothes that are children's clothes rather than mini-adult clothes smile

Having recommended them, I've just looked at their boys range online. The 0-24 month collection looks much nicer than the 1 - 5 years one sad But you might find a few items ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now