Talk

Advanced search

animal print shoes / bag

(29 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 08-Aug-11 15:05:44

I love animal print but it just doesn't sit too well on me. I have a pair of leopard print ballet pumps which I love but they are falling to bits, and I'd also LOVE a pair of animal print heals but I just can't seem to find a "classy" pair (If such a thing exists). Or maybe I could accessorize with a bag instead?

Has anyone seen such lovely things on their shooping adventures?

voiceofnoreason Mon 08-Aug-11 15:12:28

Have a squint at dune. They also have some other ones around at the moment that are pointy.

or kurt geiger - cant see any at the moment - but they might be there??

sweetheart Mon 08-Aug-11 15:25:33

I did check kurt geiger the other day but wasn't keen on the 1 pair they had. I'm not keen on pointy - would prefer a sort of platform court really.

voiceofnoreason Mon 08-Aug-11 15:46:03

I would try office maybe?

embarrasedtoadmit Mon 08-Aug-11 16:09:38

How about these? ??

sweetheart Mon 08-Aug-11 16:13:59

hmmmm, nope sorry not the perfect ones. Not sure about the print, prefer it smaller. Not sure about flat wedges either.

I have the perfect ones in my head I just need to find them!

MissPenteuth Mon 08-Aug-11 17:11:25

These?

Or there's always these. I hope suspect they're not quite what you're after though.

TigerseyeMum Mon 08-Aug-11 20:04:55

Clarks have some lovely leopard print platform courts but they have gone into the sale so might be hard to find.

madammecholet Mon 08-Aug-11 20:09:30

I lust after this leopard clutch on a regular basis, less is more and I think I would wear this with jeans and a black blazer to the pub...

I have leopard heels too - I'd never wear them together, but the heels again are fab with jeans...oh I also have animal ballet pumps....blush

azazello Mon 08-Aug-11 20:11:41

I rather like www.duoboots.com/products/shoes/detail/width_fitting_shoes/cassely/1125/colour/25-leopard_print_pony_hair_leather/variation/1/ these. They have a few other sorts as well.

azazello Mon 08-Aug-11 20:12:17

Bollocks. these

madammecholet Mon 08-Aug-11 21:50:49

those are goooorgeous azazello but quite £££

sweetheart Tue 09-Aug-11 08:50:08

Miss P - close but no cigar! The first link are too loo and the 2nd - well not really classy are they grin

azazello they are the closest so far to what I have in my mind - the print is a bit large but they are still lovely - not sure I want to spend that much though, I can understand the expense of duo boots as I have fat calves and need them made to measure but shoes I can pick up anywhere. They are lovely though!

Madam, I totally agree that less is more with animal print. I wear my leopard print ballet pumps with jeans and other plain things. I do have a thin leopard print belt too but again - should only be worn with a plain dress.

OiMissus Tue 09-Aug-11 08:57:10

In Italy, I saw a woman with leopard print pumps and a leopard print top. She then pulled out of her handbag a packet of cigarettes - in a leopard print case. I kid thee not. A case, designed to cover a packet of fags, in animal print.
That, my dears, is class!
When done well, (and carefully) animal print can look fabulous. Good luck with your search.

HellonHeels Tue 09-Aug-11 11:31:57

I love leopard print!

Have had my eye on these for a while:

www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/187692-kg-jungle

Gillybobs Tue 09-Aug-11 12:01:16

Animal print-aholic here too. Agree the golden rule is one item at a time. I have 6 pairs of animal print shoes and find they really add a bit of lift to a plainish outfit.

Ive just bought these for a wedding, definitely the most blingy pair I own but its a plain dress so think it will be ok. Also tried on these the other day and for day wear I think they would be excellent. Another casual pair I have my eye on are these On the bag side I am hoping to indulge in this for the festive season

HellonHeels Tue 09-Aug-11 12:12:08

I'm loving the leopard print fag packet cover - it's enough to make me want to smoke!

onelily Tue 09-Aug-11 12:45:52

Dnt know ur budget ans shoe size
Have a look at these

sweetheart Tue 09-Aug-11 12:58:26

thank you so much for the suggestions but nope - none of them are the ones I have in my head - sigh! I want some basic court shoes - possibly platform, with a smaller leopard print than seems to be fasiohonable right now.

Franup Tue 09-Aug-11 13:05:22

These from office

www.office.co.uk/womens/office/dorothys_friend/33/5298/28108/1?fs=5298

onelily Tue 09-Aug-11 13:09:22

i like Franup's suggestion. bt feel are too expensive. any suggestions of something more economical?

sweetheart Tue 09-Aug-11 14:43:43

sad nope not perfect - close though! I still think the print is too large and I'd prefer a higher heal. Although not skyscraper high!

MissPenteuth Tue 09-Aug-11 16:17:49

These?

MissPenteuth Tue 09-Aug-11 16:19:23

Or these?

HellonHeels Tue 09-Aug-11 16:34:14

These

www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2598384&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208542&parent_categoryId=208492&pageSize=20

Sorry about massive URL don't know how to do those short ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now