Talk

Advanced search

Pumps

(5 Posts)
Clarence15 Sun 07-Aug-11 21:21:37

I'd like some kind of retro pumps but am thinking that Converse are a bit naff for my age (37). I'm not totally past it and like quite youngish fashion but I've seen people my age and older in Converse and they just look like they're trying a bit hard to be cool.

Are there any others that are still quite trendy but not so 'obvious'? Rocket Dog? Or are they just the same? I'm not looking for any garish patterns but something good quality but still quite fashionable.

acatcalledfelix Sun 07-Aug-11 21:38:02

Well I'm 36 and love my Converse! I think something like Rocketdog is more of a young persons brand whereas Converse are quite classic. Lots of people I know my age and over wear Converse.

But, I saw these advertised in the Big Issue a while ago and may go for these when I can justify buying a new pair. I've have all of my Converse for a good few years now but one friend has (rightly) pointed out they don't have the best reputation in terms of being made ethically.

OliPocket Mon 08-Aug-11 12:24:07

Superga

I love these. smile

JenniferCanesten Mon 08-Aug-11 14:36:51

Bensimon Tennis Elastique - called various things on different websites though. I lovvve them.

Soups Mon 08-Aug-11 16:54:37

I'm nearly 41 and wear converse smile Not the high tops.

I do like the Superga, the colours look nice. Also Keds and Vans.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now