Talk

Advanced search

Application tips please for Loreal True Match mineral foundation

(7 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Sun 07-Aug-11 13:49:57

Have just bought this after recommendations on my previous thread.

Any application tips? Never usually wear any kind of coverage so don't want to look like a diddy. Thanks.

theladylovescupcakes Mon 08-Aug-11 08:01:38

Anyone??? I bought this because you lot suggested it was good!!! grin

theladylovescupcakes Tue 09-Aug-11 08:16:49

Anybodyyyyyyyyy???

Fuctifano Tue 09-Aug-11 08:31:52

Have used several of the "mineral" foundations as I'm slutty to special offers. I find that my normal moisturiser, then primer (has been Clarin's Beauty Flash Balm for a long time) then act quickly. If the foundation comes with its own applicator eg brush or sponge then IMO these are universally pish. I have a v good foundation brush which I use. I work from the nose out as I want more coverage on nose, chin and forehead and less on cheeks, also I find that mineral foundations can dry to a powdery finish so don't want to look caked. I finish off by sweeping the brush over my eyes and lips as this then gives a base layer for my eye and lip products to cling to - helping them last longer. I think the key is acting ast whilst your skin is still slightly damp this seems to help the product set and makes it easier to work into your skin. Other may differ smile

theladylovescupcakes Tue 09-Aug-11 10:06:08

Thanks Fuctifano (great name BTW) Hadn't thought about using a foundation brush - will give that a go. Also thought I'd have to wait until moisturiser fully dry (make up dunce that I am!)

QuinnFabray Tue 09-Aug-11 10:57:44

Youtube is your friend. There are millions of good ( and rubbish ) make up tutorials on youtube. It taught me every thing I know.

Just search "how to apply mineral foundation" or "mineral foundation tutorial".

Pixiwoo and Lisa Eldridge are good starting points for youtube make up channels.

It got me hooked, from wearing no make up to being slightly obsessive about all things beauty related.

turdinator Wed 10-Aug-11 10:00:31

I have the body shop foundation brush, about £12 I think, and it is perfect. So soft and just the right size, with a nice feeling handle. Not one hair on the brush has fallen out yes (had it a year and a half now). I tend to wash mine every few weeks as well to get rid of old foundation and germs, it gives a much better finish on your face than a clogged up brush. Washing the brush all those times has not made it lose its shape at all. Highly recommend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now