Talk

Advanced search

I'm covered in spots. Help!

(13 Posts)
OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 07-Aug-11 12:32:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brighthair Sun 07-Aug-11 13:38:51

Quinoderm over the counter spot cream works for me and is cheap, it is quite strong so you do have to be careful with it. Kind of makes the spot dry up, flake then go

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 07-Aug-11 14:00:04

brighthair Sun 07-Aug-11 14:08:07

You can use normal moisturiser with the quinoderm. Personally I obliterate them with that, then when I stop using it the dry flaky bits go anyway. It works on any spots grin

aquos Sun 07-Aug-11 14:21:27

You have my sympathies. I'm just getting over a spotty phase. I operated on two of mine and they turned into scabby, flaky monsters too. Just about faded now.

Can fruit give you spots? I'd been eating loads of fruit. Since I've gone back to my usual diet of chocolate and wine my skins settled down. I'd been stressed and hormonal and thought that was the reason for the outbreak, never considered it could be my pre holiday healthy eating.

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 07-Aug-11 14:35:11

RabidRabbit Sun 07-Aug-11 14:48:15

Witch hazel is fantastic for spots/blackheads, cleared mine in 2 days. I get monsters sprouting up all over my chin/along my jawline at totm, but a bit of witch hazel morning and night has worked better for me than any type of branded spot clearing potion.

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 07-Aug-11 15:19:09

Someone linked to something on here which I bought - sacicylic cream or something - it has been fantastic and I have had no spots since using it. I used to get stress ones on my forehead and a huge 'my period is here' one on my chin each month...and nowt. Hang on...

Benzoyl peroxide

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0015X83SW/ref=ox_ya_os_product

brighthair Sun 07-Aug-11 15:38:24

Should have said the quinoderm is benzyl peroxide, but just a brand name wink
Try changing your pillow case a lot as well especially when it's warm. I do mine twice a week now, three times if my skin is bad

JustAnother Sun 07-Aug-11 19:42:03

I just got Dalacin-T on prescription from my GP and it seems to be working

pollyblue Sun 07-Aug-11 19:56:49

Thumbs up for Quinoderm from me too, worked a treat on several hideous spots that appeared on my chin few months back. Will make skin a bit sore and flakey as others have said, but both the spots and the flakiness cleared up v quickly - highly recommend la Roche Posay's Toleriane non-oily moisturiser for any flakey/sore areas.

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 07-Aug-11 23:09:04

Goldensnitchberry Mon 08-Aug-11 09:02:19

I found a website (can't remember the name) a while ago, which recommended the benzoyl peroxide cream, but also said that the key is being VERY gentle with your skin. That means no picking, but also use a very gentle facewash, applying it so gently that you're barely touching your skin. No facecloth - rinse with water. Pat really gently with clean towel. Apply benzoyl to spots and allow to dry. Then always moisturise, with gentle moisturiser, very delicately with finger tips. This regime made more difference to my skin in 3 days than anything else has in years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now