Talk

Advanced search

£200 budget for A/W wardrobe

(5 Posts)
jumpyjan Sun 07-Aug-11 11:17:13

My work wardrobe is pretty much sorted and I work full time so its just outfits for messing about with the kids/days out and something a bit smarter for going out for lunch and stuff like that.

A combination of not very much money and for some reason totally loosing my sense of style (even though I manage to pick out work outfits and look stylish at work without a problem confused) has left me totally stuck.

I don't really know what to put on my shopping list at all - I have spent lots of time trawling websites but worry about wasting the money on stuff thats poor quality etc and then I will have nothing to wear all winter.

Gillybobs Sun 07-Aug-11 11:51:40

Personally I'd go for two pairs of jeans , one indigo and one black, I like skinnies or straight legs which can be worn with ballet flats, heels for a night out or tucked into boots. Ive bought them from Next and M&S recently with great success, around £30 each

I love my stripy breton tops, I get them from Zara, they are £10 each, I'd buy two. Then I'd add a nice cosy cardi that looks good over both the stripe tops. I personally love silver grey, Uniqlo are great for knitwear and reasonable, love this long merino cardi and its under £30. I love my cardi's so Id also get this looks amazing with a little black t shirt underneath.

I'd get a wintery looking smart blouse like this for slightly smarter, going out to lunch Id wear with my jeans and ballet flats or could be worn with the skinnies and heels for a night out?

The last of the money I'd spend on a great cosy scarf and a pair of nice earrings or a chunky bracelet, accessories maketh the outfit! Make sure the scarf looks great with everything you've bought already!

HTH

smallandroid Sun 07-Aug-11 12:02:31

uniqlo have some good t shirts and hoodies which aren't too expensive

jumpyjan Sun 07-Aug-11 12:23:41

Thanks thats great advice actually because I tend to look at dresses and more 'complicated' outfits but in reality I don't want to wear anything like that when I am just playing with the kids.

I have never heard of Uniqlo before so thanks for the tip.

Gillybobs - I really like the cardigan and the blouse is lovely.

That has definitely given me a good starting point.

magicmelons Sun 07-Aug-11 13:27:54

I'm loving Zaras A/W loads of bargains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now