Talk

Advanced search

Yeeeesssss FINALLY I have managed to dye my hair ash blonde after years of being brunette, however.......

(11 Posts)
catswipe Sat 06-Aug-11 20:44:00

whilst I love my pixie blonde hair my clothes and make-up seem to overwhelm me now. Any recommendations most welcomed. I feel lost without a good lippy...

festi Sat 06-Aug-11 20:48:28

[[http://www.target.com/Revlon-Lustrous-Lipstick-Champaign/dp/B000YDFSBY champaign]

festi Sat 06-Aug-11 20:49:11

sorry champaign

catswipe Sat 06-Aug-11 21:11:17

Thank-you. I shall endeavor to track it down. Now what about clothes colours? Black is ok but the rest of my colours, electric blues, violets,blue reds and purples etc seem too much now. My complexion looks better mind so not too troubled. I'm about 70% grey in my mid thirties so the dark hair dye was looking a bit helmet like and washing me out. What are the best colours for cool toned blondes?

festi Sat 06-Aug-11 22:04:16

autumn colours or pastles i would say, corals and beiges, If you wanted bright and vibrent Id go pinks and yellows even purples, turqoises would be good. I think the colours you say also work but I think brighter rather than heavy purples, blues etc.

festi Sat 06-Aug-11 22:05:52

how did you blend out the dark for the ash? Im mid 30s and probably about 70 to 80% grey and home dye my hair black or deep red, I often wish I was lighter but wouldnt know how to switch.

catswipe Sat 06-Aug-11 22:21:48

Well I didn't follow instructions as when I have I have ended up with orange hair. I took a chance as I have short hair. Firstly, I bleached it down to that yellow chicks at easter shade, only brighter. Next I popped Xxl platinum over that. Finally I toned it with Nice n Easy light ash blonde. It hasn't fallen out (yet) and doesn't look brassy or like boiled onions beige.
Keep your fingers crossed.....

festi Sat 06-Aug-11 22:39:31

ha ha sounds risky, I once went blond by a hairdresser who spent months stripping my hair and then toning it and finally peroxiding it once she had finished it was yellow with consistence of straw and I had to have it cut to a very short bob and went strait back to black. that has put me off big time.

catswipe Sat 06-Aug-11 22:48:46

I came out of a hairdressers the only time I tried to have it professionally dyed blonde- the colour of a teddy bear. Not the look I was going for......

festi Sat 06-Aug-11 22:49:48

I may pluck up the courage one day.

mittenkitten Sat 06-Aug-11 23:52:20

If the ash blonde is suiting your complexion then you may want to look at cool yet slightly muted colours. You may be a Summer of some sort as Summers tend to have ashy hair (however, there is no way to generalize). Look here and here for starters and see what you think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now