Talk

Advanced search

Grippy, warm, waterproof boots

(13 Posts)
LetLoveRule Sat 06-Aug-11 19:08:45

OK, I know it's August, but I have been thinking back to last winter and the snow and ice. I NEED suitable footwear this winter that will keep me warm, dry and most of all will help me to avoid slipping over on those icy pavements. Trying to avoid the hiking boot look if at all possible!

Any recommendations for grippy, toasty and gorgeous boots?

dexter73 Sat 06-Aug-11 19:18:17

I have a pair of these. They are waterproof, having been tested on a day out in pouring rain! I don't know if they are gorgeous but they certainly look alright and are grippy, warm and waterproof, as well as being quite a reasonable price. Immensely comfortable too!

LetLoveRule Sat 06-Aug-11 19:20:21

They're nice and not hiking boots! Thanks for replying.

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 06-Aug-11 19:26:55

I have just bought these . They seem to have good grips and someone else on here said that they were pretty waterproof.

I do have wellies and walking boots too though - just in case grin

Lizzywishes Sat 06-Aug-11 20:08:45

I have a fab pair by Aquaitalia - stocked by Russell and Bromley I think.

mckenzie Sat 06-Aug-11 20:11:31

I have the Uggs proper lace up snow boots. They are nothing like Uggs other than they are fleecey lined. They are fabulous! Totally water proof and snow proof, very warm and I had lots of compliments when I wore them in the winter.

Selks Sat 06-Aug-11 20:57:38

I've got a pair of these Merrell tempest boots, and they are the absolute bees knees for cold snowy mornings. Great with skinny jeans tucked in.

CMOTdibbler Sat 06-Aug-11 21:03:16

I bought Merrel Prevoz last winter. During really cold, snowy weather I was still just wearing thin socks and had toasty feet, plus they are waterproof

cakeoholic Sat 06-Aug-11 21:28:23

I got these merrell oslo's and they are one of the best things I've ever spent my money on, they would be a bargain at twice the price! I have rubbish circulation and always have cold feet but even walking the kids to school in the snow my feet were toasty. They go with boots and surprisingly well with leggings or tights and a dress or skirt-I got loads of positive comments on them too and people asking where I got them.

cakeoholic Sat 06-Aug-11 21:30:36

Forgot to say they are completely waterproof and the fur bit you can see goes all the way down to the toes. The link I put above shows a pic of the sole if you scroll along so you can see the grip too.

MWestie Sat 06-Aug-11 21:32:30

I posted the same query when we had all that snow last winter and someone recommended Ecco boots, which I got and they were great, really grippy and had loads of positive comments about them. Will try to find the name of them.

LetLoveRule Sat 06-Aug-11 21:58:29

OOhh thanks so much everyone! I really like the look of both of the Merrells and will take a look at Ugg & Ecco. Almost looking forward to colder months now!

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Sat 06-Aug-11 22:04:56

I have a pair of sherwood forest dalton country boots,waterproof,breatheable,warm & imo just lovely & keep me upright when walking dog on slippy surfaces as I live in very rural village where salt lorries do not visit,sorry laptop won't let me do links (broke keys) but alongside my hunter wellygogs I am sorted for the winter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now