Talk

Advanced search

Aaargh! So busy planning my beach outfits I forgot about a travel outfit *gasp*

(12 Posts)
bouncingblueberries Fri 05-Aug-11 21:50:14

I now have 3 shopping days in which to find a travel outfit! Flying at lunchtime Tuesday to a hot country and also need to be able to breastfeed ds2 on the plane.

What can I wear?! I want to look stylish and effortless but feel comfortable during the flight. I can't believe I haven't thought of this.

What's everyone else wearing to travel in this summer? Come and inspire me grin

gregssausageroll Fri 05-Aug-11 22:22:35

yoga pants, converse and a t-shirt that can be thrown into a bag if DS is ill or I have spillages. Just go with what is comfortable. Probably something what you'd wear during the day now.

toastandmarmiterocks Fri 05-Aug-11 23:00:17

Layers, you might be cold on the plane but hot when you arrive. I wore jeans with converse pale blue blouse thingy with a white vest underneath. I carried a light beige cardi for the air con plane.

Jealous of anyone going on holiday now that I'm back envy

bouncingblueberries Fri 05-Aug-11 23:02:17

oh thanks! dh has a very stylish outfit planned so I'm feeling very envious (and slightly lacking in style!).

miche8 Sat 06-Aug-11 09:28:07

i usually wear jeans and converse, my children will stand on my feet so sandals are a no no. I take leggings and a top in my hand luggage for myself aswell as a change of clothes for the kids, quite often they manage to spill things on me, or my dh doesn't put the nappies on correctly and they leak on my lap.

Will you need pillows or blankets? we travelled with easy jet recently and they don't have them. enjoy your hol.

By the way if you wear a belt you will need to take it off when going through security, more hassle when trying to control three little ones and hold the baby.

PuppyMonkey Sat 06-Aug-11 09:31:18

Do people really go out and buy travel outfits? Weird! grin

MarshaBrady Sat 06-Aug-11 09:39:13

A soft jumper with whatever you wear, planes get colder.

But really I am interested in what your dh is wearing that is so stylish. ?

Gillybobs Sat 06-Aug-11 11:38:33

What about cotton leggings (jeans will feel v hot when you get there...) and a shirt style tunic like this (should help with bf?) teamed with cute ballet flats (I wouldnt wear lace up shoes, they often ask you to remove shoes at security now)

TanyaBranning Sat 06-Aug-11 15:12:26

I usually go for a comfy short-sleeved jersey dress over cotton leggings with flip flops (taking into account feet swellage) for long journeys, with big pashmina-thingy to combat icy airline air con.

Worrying about style-factor when travelling with babies is madness, though!

Wigglesmummy Sat 06-Aug-11 17:05:39

Camisole/vest plus cardi or wrap top (Boden has some jersey ones for winter that would work but may be too late if you are flying on Tues). for breastfeeding (and cardi will keep you warm on plane). Agree with Gillybobs that jeans too hot especially if you have to hang around at all. How about chinos or long (not maxi but sort of stylish above ankle length) floaty cotton skirt (thinking of the Toast ones) and ballet flats or espadrilles (easy to take off, comfy and OK if your feet swell).

Bunbaker Sat 06-Aug-11 22:34:53

I get very cold on planes so always have to wear trainers with socks and a cardigan over whatever I am wearing. I usually wear linen trousers or combats for comfort and a T-shirt.

I admit that I never buy an outfit just for travelling.

I deffo wouldn't buy anything just to travel in.

Last year I wore a maxi dress with a cotton cardigan over it and took a pashmina and socks to wrap up in on the plane. I'd far rather be a bit cold in England than arrive at the other end and be boiling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now