Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Spray tan on pale skin?

(15 Posts)
seeminglyso Thu 04-Aug-11 11:33:35

I am a natural strawberry blonde and have extremely pale skin with freckles. My question is this would a spray tan done professionally look orange on me? Also could any one recommend a good fake tan for pale skin?

Thanks Ladies. xx

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 04-Aug-11 12:21:18

I had a spray tan done once. Am also pale-skinned with freckles. It wore off very quickly and looked good but unnatural. I haven't tried again. I use the odd bit of gradual self tanner on my face to give me a pick-me-up.

LauLauLemon Thu 04-Aug-11 12:24:49

You can usually choose the shade of the tan so opt for the lightest/second to lightest and if it's not dark enough for you you can enhance it at home. They don't last very long (around 4-5 days I've found) but are excellent for a big event.

seeminglyso Thu 04-Aug-11 15:23:55

When you say it looked unnatural was that due to the colour?

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 04-Aug-11 15:41:39

Yes, it was much darker than the colour I go when I do occasionally catch a bit of sun.

I don't remember being offered a choice, but it was 6 years ago maybe!

LauLauLemon Thu 04-Aug-11 15:43:06

You can definitely ask them for a lighter shade. My local salon does light/medium, medium/dark and dark/extra dark.

midnightexpress Thu 04-Aug-11 15:45:45

My fair-skinned friend had one done recently for a big occasion. When she was done she described herself to me as looking like she'd just been to an audition for 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum', but when I saw her a few days later at the event, it was a very fetching pale golden colour and not at all Dale Winton.

vvviola Thu 04-Aug-11 15:47:36

I'm very pale skinned and freckly. Even the lightest shade of fake tan looks wrong on me. It's a combination of it being too dark, but also seeming the wrong colour for me.

(I'm also exceedingly glad I decided to have trial run before my wedding - ended up with orange blotchy legs. Decided in the end to embrace my paleness and just used a little bit of the gradual tan to hide a slight watch mark on my wrist)

Dillydollydaydream Thu 04-Aug-11 15:55:07

I'm fair skinned, freckly with light eyes.
I had been using St Tropez gradual tanner and felt that looked a nice natural colour. I have a wedding this weekend and opted for the self tan mousse to try and was pleasantly surprised how easy that was to apply and what a lovely golden colour it gave me. Very pleased!

I have previously had a spray tan for my birthday night out but did find it rubbed off very quickly

ClaireDeLoon Thu 04-Aug-11 15:57:25

What mousse and what shade was it Dilly? St Tropez?

seeminglyso Thu 04-Aug-11 17:07:06

Yes this is the problem the whole Dale Winton Orange effect, I just worry that being so fair it will go badly wrong and I wont be able to wash it off in time. I want it done for my sons christening next weekend or I need to find a really good fake tan by then. It is a pretty big occasion and I really want to look as good as I possibly can. Ordinarily I just embrace my pastey self and I have stopped using fake tan an awful lot as I used to in my early twenties but for this occasion I really want to look ok.

I have heard Sienna tan is really good?

seeminglyso Thu 04-Aug-11 17:09:02

Dilly did you use the St Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse ? I may get it as its not as expenisve as the Sienna.

MissFoodie Thu 04-Aug-11 23:35:09

I am v pale and never use bronzer or fake tan, nor have ever had spray tan - but tried Beau Bronz recently and it was really good - I had "normal" but they also did one for brides, eg extra light;
faded evenly after a week, looked like I'd been on holiday!

Dillydollydaydream Fri 05-Aug-11 15:05:43

Sorry!
Yes it was the st tropez mouse. The self tan not gradual tan smile
Boots has 1/3 off at the moment too smile
I even used it on my face diluted with the moisturiser and it was fine

queribus Fri 05-Aug-11 18:57:38

Just got back from having a Sienna spray tan. I am very pasty pale so I was apprehensive, but it looks great at the mo, not at all orange. Apparently, it will fade a bit when I wash it off tomorrow but that's fine. I think I look great!!

Hope DH thinks so ....

Should have worn very small pants or a thong though. I have quite a large tan-line round my backside blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now