Talk

Advanced search

Nourkrin - hair redemption or just Louise Redknapp?

(7 Posts)
MollFlounders Wed 03-Aug-11 21:48:10

The last few years have been pretty bad and, ok it is the least of my worries, but my hair seems to have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Once thick to the point of unruly, it is now a sad and depressingly thin little outcrop. As my hairdresser said of STBXH: first he ruins your life; now he ruins your hair! So my question is, do hair supplements work? Especially Nourkrin (not that I place special faith in Louise Redknapp, but it seems to be a market leader).

I am desperate, so any advice gratefully received.

kyacat Wed 03-Aug-11 21:54:02

I'm taking a supplement called silica-ok to boost growth after an epic post-natal shed. My hair is growing faster (not sure it's that though as doing other things to boost growth) and it's definitely thickening up - I can see the individual strands are thicker-looking. It's more shiny too smile

I also take fish oil supplements, they help hair condition too.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Wed 03-Aug-11 21:57:16

Kyacat - I took silica after mega hairloss apres childbirth (very traumatic episode) & it worked wonders,brilliant stuff & it's the only thing I took

MollFlounders Wed 03-Aug-11 22:01:38

Thanks Kyacat and Thehusbandetc. I will look into silica. Something has to work, surely.

worldgonecrazy Thu 04-Aug-11 08:45:03

Make sure you're getting plenty of iron in your diet too as that can play a part in hair condition.

kyacat Thu 04-Aug-11 09:09:18

oh yes and plenty eggs for the protein too!

MollFlounders Thu 04-Aug-11 09:48:12

Thanks worldgonecrazy and kyacat. No doubt my diet could be a LOT better. I think I've lived on toast for two years which probably hasn't helped.... now is the time to turn it all around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now