Talk

Advanced search

Eye Lash Extensions - anyone had/got them?

(9 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Wed 03-Aug-11 21:15:10

There's a good offer on with Groupon in our area at the moment for eye lash extensions (was £75 now £23), I have been wondering whether to try these for a long time and now seems a good time with such a good offer, but just wondered what those who have had them (or currently got them) think? How long do they last, do you have to have the in fills or do they just grow out OK? Do they feel 'wierd'? Got till midnight to make up my mind smile

DirtyMartini Wed 03-Aug-11 21:19:33

I had them once on a promotional deal. It was OK, but I wouldn't go back at full price.

Pros: they looked fab and I did not need mascara. They were quite subtle after I trimmed them a little (initially they were VERY unsubtle so I just carefully took the nail scissors to them and left them longer at the outside corners). I did feel they improved my appearance without me having to think about them for a few weeks.

Cons: (1) The woman glued one of my eyes shut by accident and it was all a bit hmm - I got it open again but I had to basically sort it myself while she stood wibbling. (2) As mentioned: they needed a trim to not look insanely OTT. (3) They eventually fell out gradually but they did take a lot of my natural lashes with them. These have grown in again but this is the biggest reason I would be unlikely to do them regularly. I shudder to think of the cumulative effect if you kept getting them and infilling them long-term ... you'd never be able to stop without looking bald-lidded.

rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Aug-11 21:23:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ifancyashandy Wed 03-Aug-11 21:25:54

I have them done regularly. Love them. I have the shortest length and only a slight curl so they just look like I've got good mascara on.

BUT be very careful who does them! I've got an amazing technician but I used a local salon once and was left with big blobs on black glue on my eyelid. Hideous and scary. Oh and the feel of the lashes is important - mine uses very soft ones. The disaster ones I had were stiff and just horrible. Go and have a consultation first.

esor Wed 03-Aug-11 21:26:18

Yes I have had them done earlier this year. They do feel very weird at first and you become obssessed every morning checking to see what they look like. They did look great and took very little maintenance.

I think I had a cheaper option and she seemed to stick a false eyelash to more of my own lashes in comparison with a friend who had been elsewhere and she was also very quick which is another clue. For that price I would have a go, growing them out is fine apart from the last few stubborn ones that you spend days fiddling with.

Not sure if it would make any difference but my Dsil washed around eye area and was careful when washing her hair and hers that had been done at the same time by the same person outlasted mine by at least two weeks . Never got round to having fillers but did feel very glam doing the school run for a while.

applecrumbleandcream Wed 03-Aug-11 21:40:31

Thanks everyone, think i'll give them a whirl after the mostly positive comments. I am not a high maintenance person that could be bothered with all that infills palava, but had friends with these that look amazing so willing to try them for a couple of weeks. Appointment time states 80 minutes on the offer - is that about right? Didn't think it would be that long.

I think I would go for something quite natural (don't really want to end up trimming them myself at home, done this before with glue on eyelashes for a night out and practically trimmed with them most of my own eyelashes!).

ifancyashandy Wed 03-Aug-11 21:45:41

1st appoint about an hour, infill around an hour.

ENormaSnob Thu 04-Aug-11 09:51:38

Lots of my colleagues have these and I think they look great.

DirtyMartini Thu 04-Aug-11 19:33:59

The ones I had, that I felt I had to trim, were the most 'natural' and shortest ones they had available! I still felt they were OTT but then, I was very keen not to have them be spotted as fakes by my work colleagues at the time.

Reading this is making me want to have 'em again now. Anyone got any recs for a good technician in Edinburgh - one who won't glue my eye closed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now