Talk

Advanced search

Boots with VERY comfortable soles

(14 Posts)
Tanyaaah Wed 03-Aug-11 20:41:45

I'm looking for some comfortable boots for the winter/most of the year.

I would love them to be as comfortable as running shoes! Is this possible? I have often wondered why all shoes can't be as comfy. At the moment I have to walk to work in running shoes then change into different boots at work (where I am on my feet all day).

I've seen these (not in real life) Merrell boots
Are they comfortable? Any other suggestions?
Thanks

doglover Wed 03-Aug-11 20:54:44

FitFlop boots are soooooooooooo comfy!

CMOTdibbler Wed 03-Aug-11 20:58:15

I've got a pair of Merrel Prevoz, and they are so comfy it is unbelievable

VivaLeBeaver Wed 03-Aug-11 21:11:35

I have those merrell puffin boots and they're very comfy, I love them. They're as comfy as trainers.

Mousey84 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:52:38

If its casual you are after, Id reccommend sketchers tone ups and love them. Quite warm though - I only wore mine Oct - March.

For a bit dressier I have White Stuff wedges, and they are reasonably comfy - I cant really wear heels, so reasonably comfy is brilliant!

I have had two different pair of furry winter Merrell boots, that between them have lasted 7 winters (first pair lasted five, they have a hole in them but I still wear them when it's not wet, the other pair will be three this winter and are still immaculate).

Cannot reccomend them highly enough, so comfy and warm and although the soles are not that thick, they just don't wear down (6 or so miles of dog walking a day). Get them you won't regret it, good time to buy too, price wise.

spout Thu 04-Aug-11 07:48:19

every MNer who has ever existed someone suggested Fly London Mols to me. I bought some and while they look fine they make my feet and legs ache after a couple of miles.

I fear the winter. I might get some latex socks and carry on wearing my birkenstocks. AIBU? wink

cardoon Thu 04-Aug-11 08:22:26

I bought the puffin frost in a 5 last winter but have just bought a 4 for this year. Very comfy and lovely and warm, waterproof, just great really.

I bought them big to fit extra socks but feel they would be plenty warm without so have gone for my usual size this time.

Bought them from the place you linked to.

The only thing I would say is that they are shorter than they look online.

Fuzzled Thu 04-Aug-11 09:06:31

Rieker boots - lovely black ankle boots, low heel.

I wear mine all year round, and always have a "good" pair, and an everyday pair! grin

polyhymnia Thu 04-Aug-11 09:58:24

Just to agree with doglover - Fitflop boots incredibly comfortable.

Tanyaaah Thu 04-Aug-11 12:06:48

WhereTheWildThingsWere and cardoon, that's what I wanted to hear as they are cheap on Amazon right now!
spout I have fly boots, comfy and I love them, but just nothing on trainers or walking boots.
I shall check out fitflop boots, but have a feeling they won't be very stylish.....

Tanyaaah Thu 04-Aug-11 12:07:37

Actually they look ok!

Jumbs Thu 04-Aug-11 12:35:37

I love merrell boots. I need instep support and they def are ok for this. Got tempests last winter and can't wait for it to be cold enough to wear them again.

My friend has the puffins and they are great too, in fact if they are cheap on amazon I might just have to go and have a look...!

Tanyaaah Thu 04-Aug-11 12:50:59

Cheap on ebay too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now