Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend me some trainers?

(10 Posts)
lollipoppet Wed 03-Aug-11 19:54:11

I am having a mare with trainers! I try them on in the shop and they seem ok but then I wear them to the gym and end up being rubbed, pinched and sore!
I do have a wide foot but not extraordinarily so. Can anyone recommend a style or braNd that suits wider feet?

PerryCombover Wed 03-Aug-11 20:16:23

new balance have wide foot trainers
google pls

HeavyHeidi Wed 03-Aug-11 20:24:42

yes new balance is wide, but you know you should buy trainers at least a size or even 2 bigger than your actual shoe size, right? the feel will swell up when exercising and there should be enough space for that.

Thehusbandsatcricketagain Wed 03-Aug-11 21:26:20

I am a saucony girl,love mine & would never change & I have quite wide feet

WhoWhoWhoWho Wed 03-Aug-11 21:28:34

I didn't know that Heidi.

I don't wear trainers often, don't currently own a pair but will bear that in mind next time I'm shopping for some.

[bumping for op]

spooktrain Wed 03-Aug-11 21:31:51

I have wide feet and have been using a pair of Asics (the gel ones) for the past year with no probs, running a couple of times a week. I did buy half a size bigger, maybe that's why they're so comfy, I didn't know you were supposed to

MrsShrekTheThird Wed 03-Aug-11 21:37:21

I've got wide feet and I'm a PE teacher so need 'em comfy. I use Nike, my current ones are running trainers but in the past I've mostly had cross trainers. as I'm a tightarse economical I usually buy 'last year's' colours (well obv the teenagers care, but I don't) because they;re always cheaper! grin

emsyj Wed 03-Aug-11 21:57:07

I have wide feet and second the recommendation for Asics. Would never buy any other brand now, am a total convert. They are super-springy even after lots of wear and they don't give me a ridge of crusty hard skin on the edge of my foot by my big toe.

HeavyHeidi Thu 04-Aug-11 11:57:12

I work amongst other things also a fitness instructor and have loads of trainers and yes, really, they have to be bigger. I'm a standard size 5 otherwise, but all my trainers are 6-6,5. If they are just the right size when trying on and will pinch when working out, then they are simply too small.

lollipoppet Fri 05-Aug-11 09:05:47

Thanks for all the replies! Didn't know about buying a bigger size but I guess that does make sense! A whole size and a half though? Does that not male for tripping up?
Will look at new balance too, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now