Talk

Advanced search

Will dry shampoo hide my grey hair?

(8 Posts)
tulpe Wed 03-Aug-11 16:26:50

My hair desperately needs to be re-coloured but am hanging on until return from hols as it fades significantly in strong sunshine. Trouble is, my roots are white (probably as much as 50%). Just wondering if dry shampoo for coloured hair would work to cover the grey?

TattyDevine Wed 03-Aug-11 17:08:00

Not Batiste etc but the Bumble & Bumble one will.

It also will make your pillowcase look sooty though.

And at £30 its often cheaper to "waste" a root-job though it lasts ages and you could argue it could "see you through" in between times for future appointments...will link in a sec

TattyDevine Wed 03-Aug-11 17:09:51

Good news you can get a 1oz one for £13

What colour are you Tulpe? It is a great product, heavily pigmented, not without its downsides but will cover all sorts (including men's bald donut's at the back) grin

TattyDevine Wed 03-Aug-11 17:11:00

Main downsides are a slight shadow on white pillowcases and feeling a bit grotty/getting grotty hands if you fiddle with your hair. Otherwise, a great product.

TattyDevine Wed 03-Aug-11 17:12:09

Sorry I will stop banging on in a sec - have you tried the Clairol "root touch up" or are you reluctant to do a "home job"?

Gillybobs Wed 03-Aug-11 17:16:37

I agree with Tatty, Clairol Root Touch up is marvellous ime, buys me an extra 3 weeks or so every time I get colour done. hard to go wrong really

tulpe Wed 03-Aug-11 17:40:59

Ah thanks for the suggestions ladies. Trouble is, I don't have time to order anything online and would rather not do home diy job as we leave tomorrow morning (ie no time to get it sorted if it goes horribly wrong!)

I will definitely think about both of those options for future though. My hair is naturally dark brunette but I go for quite a reddish shade of brunette now. Ten years of blonde highlights, coupled with a significant amount of white hair now, means that the colour strips really quickly in strong sunlight.

I will look for the B&B one in the airport - DH can go whistle if he thinks its too expensive. I shall tell him it's either this or a headscarf for 2 weeks......and he's not a big fan of the Amish look grin

TattyDevine Wed 03-Aug-11 17:46:35

Ah no worries. Pity you are leaving tomorrow, I have a half can of the dark brown I could have chucked in the post for you to try.

Worth a look for future. Pop into a SpaceNK and try before you buy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now