Talk

Advanced search

What in the name of arse is that Irregular Choice nonsense all about?

(27 Posts)
GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Tue 02-Aug-11 21:53:27

Never in the history of shoes have such ugly things existed.

I looked at these monstrosities today in Schuh - they are like something Katy Perry would design after a night on crystal meth.

Who wears them other than the self-consciously wacky? And Su Pollard.

LemonDifficult Tue 02-Aug-11 21:55:10

Bad, bad overworked version of Chie Mihara. Ickarama

loopy9 Tue 02-Aug-11 21:57:30

LOL!
They are gorgeous in comparison to these....
http://www.irregularchoice.com/shop/womens/product/3846/daddy--s-girl.html?offset=49

Crikey..I don't even think Katy Perry would be wearing these!!!

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Tue 02-Aug-11 21:59:57

the Chie Mihara shoes are elegant though - not my personal cup of tea but they do at least look beautifully designed.

The IC looks like a cross between Dorothy's ruby slippers and the vomit of some harajuku girls.

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Tue 02-Aug-11 22:01:02

Christ!

Oh it is all so contrived in a tiresome way. All 'look at me, I am so zany'.

danniclare Tue 02-Aug-11 22:01:08

Someone I work with buys a new pair with depressing regularity. She's very homely apart from her funky shoes. No one's got the heart to tell her they just don't work.

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Tue 02-Aug-11 22:02:45

They look very cheap and nasty as well. Badly made.

deliciousdevilwoman Tue 02-Aug-11 22:05:52

Fark me, they are ugly! They often have IC in TK Maxx

BluddyMoFo Tue 02-Aug-11 22:11:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Reality Tue 02-Aug-11 22:15:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bethelbeth Tue 02-Aug-11 22:29:24

I used to adore their shoes. They used to be versions of shoe staples with well thought out irregularities. Like maryjanes with an oversized buckle or riding boots in turquoise.

Whenever I wear them people always comment positvely and can't believe that the same company are now making those contrived ugly harajuku wannabe shoes.( Even in harajuku they won't go near them- vastly overpriced for what they are).

Depressing. Middle aged office worker garb.

Vizzini Tue 02-Aug-11 23:41:03

I have a friend who owns several pairs. I think they are awful, but she's lovely so I overlook her bad taste in shoes. She owns these little beauties, however, which I have told her are wrong werewolf shoes

ShowOfHands Tue 02-Aug-11 23:44:46

I like 'em. Just wish I could wear heels as their flats look like what's left when a clown spontaneously combusts.

IvyAndGold Wed 03-Aug-11 00:29:31

I love them all! blush <sits in corner>

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Wed 03-Aug-11 01:15:42

<chucks a sensible pair of grey daps at ivy>

grin

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Wed 03-Aug-11 01:17:45

Actually, there are some decent shoes on the website (again not my personal cup of tea but still) but Schuh seems to stock the wacky horrors.

IvyAndGold Wed 03-Aug-11 01:26:34

I lurve these <looks mournfully at empty bank account>

But then I'm not exactly know for being a Plain Jane... grin

ravenAK Wed 03-Aug-11 01:37:13

I have the Miaow boots. They are beautiful, well made & the most comfortable heels I've ever owned (tall, don't often do heels).

Some of their stuff is far too fussy for me, but I do covet the 'flick flack' shoes. Too high though.

Thumbwitch Wed 03-Aug-11 02:46:12

Good God, there are some serious horrors on that website! shock! The Daddy's Girl and Roseanne ones just beggar belief... although some of them don't look too bad. None of them are really my cup of tea though.

Those werewolf shoes are... interesting and yet so very very awful.

catinboots Wed 03-Aug-11 02:58:23

They are all about bad shoes.

My best friend adores them. But she also has a lip stud, so I judge her for her fashion choices.

loopy9 Wed 03-Aug-11 17:47:01

Vizzini - OMG Werewolf shoes...ahahahahahaha

TattyDevine Wed 03-Aug-11 17:55:45

Generally they are not my cup of tea, but if you are a bit goth or whatever, you need shoes to go with your outfit. They may be overpriced, but they are still affordable and easy enough to get.

Not goth or anything so no axe to grind...each to their own I guess. Some are pretty wow though!!! (In fact I have linked to some in the past in a jokey pisstakey way)

HeavyHeidi Wed 03-Aug-11 19:06:33

I have those here: www.irregularchoice.com/shop/womens/product/3804/wing-invador.html?offset=130
I work in aviation, they are very appropriate.

BelleDameSansMerci Wed 03-Aug-11 19:10:42

Bloody hell... I like a pair of mad shoes as much as the next person but no, just no.

SiamoFottuti Wed 03-Aug-11 19:37:29

I have coveted these for a looong time. Too expensive though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now