Talk

Advanced search

Using Epsom Salts in the bath?

(9 Posts)
tulpe Tue 02-Aug-11 18:34:13

I have it in my head that I have read a thread on here about using Epsom Salts in the bath to help with fluid retention hmm. As I was browsing in Boots today I found said salts and duly bought some. Have just read info on tub and it says for the relief of constipation hmm and to be taken orally.

Have I dreamt up the suggestion that they are to be used in the bath?!

valiumredhead Tue 02-Aug-11 18:36:35

You can use it in the bath too - it's good for removing impurities apparently.

valiumredhead Tue 02-Aug-11 18:37:13

I used to soak my ankle in ES after I had broken it to help with the swelling.

prolificwillybreeder Tue 02-Aug-11 18:40:32

Yep I use it in the bath. It's fine as far as I know.

TattyDevine Tue 02-Aug-11 18:58:25

Yes I've heard this, quick google should explain the science (which I think is sound unless its an old wives tale)...

tulpe Tue 02-Aug-11 19:07:02

Thanks all. Nice to know my brain does occasionally absorb and retain correct info without getting it all arse-end backwards grin

Will be giving it a go this evening and report back. My legs always swell in this type of humidity so would be lovely to find something which might help.

AuntieMaggie Tue 02-Aug-11 19:09:08

ooh how much did you pay for it in boots and where did you find it?

tulpe Tue 02-Aug-11 20:13:25

it cost £1.55. It was in the "medicine" aisle where you find stuff like cold and cough remedies etc. IYSWIM.

kyacat Wed 03-Aug-11 09:18:26

Yes it's rich in magnesium which is good for aches and pains, general health and even low blood pressure. I swore by it when I was all battered post-natally smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now