Talk

Advanced search

growing out a very short crop - good mid way styles please

(9 Posts)
hazeyjane Tue 02-Aug-11 10:54:54

My hair has been short short (pic on profile)

I am growing it out, it looks bloody awful and am about 1 week away from having it all cropped short again.

I have been growing it for months and it is still only a few inches long, it is very thick and straight.

I looked in the mirror this morning and my hair looked like Richard Madeleys - I mean really!

Any suggestions for a style I could take to the hairdressers?

mckenzie Tue 02-Aug-11 11:33:51

I've been in your shoes many a time Hazeyjane, I grown mine then get it cut then grow it again then get it cut all the time. I would suggest you go to a very good highly recommended hairdresser with no pictures/photos etc and ask for their advise in how to manage the growing period. Yes, have an idea of what you want the final result to be but this stage is not good although with today's trends of clips etc, it's much easier that it was a decade ago.
Good luck.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Tue 02-Aug-11 20:26:07

I have short hair, I just googled short crop hair styles until I found what I liked. I started with a Sarah Harding, then moved to a short Michelle Williams. I 'm currently a longer Michelle Williams, thinking what to do next!

netbook Tue 02-Aug-11 20:58:15

uk hairdressers is good for a browse, so is google images

RollingInTheAisles Tue 02-Aug-11 21:05:10

Try Pinterest

groak Tue 02-Aug-11 21:09:04

hazyjane, i feel your pain, i really do. I've started growing my hair out and i have found it is thefluffiest, slightly wavy style-less bumf ever.

but, i'm sticking it out. just look like a tit.

wellwisher Tue 02-Aug-11 21:10:06

Hair grips are your friend!

CeliaFate Tue 02-Aug-11 21:19:39

Get the back cut every 8 weeks and use a product and straighteners to keep it tidy.

hazeyjane Tue 02-Aug-11 21:30:41

Thankyou!

I will have a look at the links, and have a google. I wanted to avoid the hairdressers (I hate going) until it had grown a bit, but I think I'll book an appointment.

I never thought I would say this, but I felt a bit......old, when I played around with hairgrips.

<sob>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now