Talk

Advanced search

I don't know what to buy but I am going shopping for a night out in London.

(15 Posts)
Bohica Mon 01-Aug-11 20:59:06

I'm so out of touch it's actually quite embarrassing.

I have nothing nice to wear sad I can get to house of fraiser tomorrow, oh & I need shoes to match the outfit which will dent the budget.

Spending around £100?

tulpe Mon 01-Aug-11 21:14:42

What's the plan for the evening? Dinner? Drinks? Any idea of venue?

Bohica Mon 01-Aug-11 21:24:42

We are going by train at 4.30pm & then I am hoping we will grab something to eat & we are then drinking in a bar, amber something that has 3 floors with 70's 80's & 90's music.

I'm thinking kegging, boots & then a nice funky top must cover my bum or I could wear skinny black jeans & then buy new shoes & top.

French Connection have some nice dresses in their sale (I think you are v slim iirc?) which might do. It's too hot for boots!

MrsMilton Mon 01-Aug-11 21:31:24

this boden top is really nice and very glam for a night out but feels comfy and easy to wear. I have the graphite. Looks great with dark jeans and heels. And you don't need any jewellery with it!

Bohica Mon 01-Aug-11 21:36:25

Yes Remus although I wouldn't say V.Slim. size 8 on the top half.

I would prefer to buy from House of fraiser vouchers if possible.

Are boots a no go then? I'm not really a dress & heels buyer unless they were really V.nice.

Sorry - I ignored your bit about House Of Fraser!

Do you like blacks/greys etc or are you a more colourful being?

HoF usually have FC though.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 01-Aug-11 21:39:22

Boots - its a heatwave - you will boil.

With a £100 - I'd stick with your existing jeans and look for a pretty blouse - whistles have lovely ones or reiss and then get some nice shoes.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 01-Aug-11 21:40:04

What concessions do HOF have?

This is lovely irl if you have good legs (I'm too fat old for it now, sadly).

Bohica Mon 01-Aug-11 21:51:36

That is nice Remus but I would never be brave enough to wear it blush I am tall & slim but I'm also a little bit body conscious. I think new shoes & new top with my leggings or black jeans.

Am I going to look a frump in my leggings?

I also only own a mummy bag, I can't take my mummy bag for just my purse & phone!!

I'd go with the jeans, not the leggings. What shape are the jeans?

Bohica Mon 01-Aug-11 22:38:29

JUst normal straight legged black ones, not skinny, just straight.

I'm going shopping tomorrow so will report back!

This is nice but expensive.

Like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now