Talk

Advanced search

Interview outfit etiquette - bare legs or no?

(12 Posts)
bunjies Mon 01-Aug-11 20:13:26

I have an interview tomorrow and will be wearing a dress with a fine houndstooth check. Bearing in mind the weather is going to be scorchio is it acceptable to go bare legged or should I wear sheer tights? Not sure if this is relevant or not but the interview is for a local authority managerial position.

CMOTdibbler Mon 01-Aug-11 20:17:21

Tights would be appropriate imo - you are never wrong wearing them, but bare legs can be looked on as not formal enough

Absolutely no to bare legs. Hold ups would probably feel a bit less... erm... sweaty. Good luck!

cruelladepoppins Mon 01-Aug-11 20:22:58

I agree with CMOTdibbler. As well as the formality aspect, I also think tights keep sweaty legs from sticking together ... and stop your feet from feeling knackered in your shoes.

Good luck with your interview!

bunjies Mon 01-Aug-11 20:29:39

Right you are, tights it is. Thanks all.

DurhamDurham Mon 01-Aug-11 20:38:03

Right decision. I went to a job interview last friday. I wore a tailored gray dress and black heels. I almost went with bare legs but at the last minute I put on black 10 denier tights. I was so pleased I had because when I got there I found out I had to do a 5 minute presentation, I felt much more confident knowing I didn't have bare legs on display whilst standing there.

Found out today that I got the job so maybe they were my lucky tights smile

Good Luck smile

bunjies Mon 01-Aug-11 21:18:28

Oh well done DurhamDurham.

Hopefully mine will be lucky too - must remember to take a spare pair. The low denier ones seem to ladder just by looking at 'em funny.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 01-Aug-11 21:19:52

Good luck!

bunjies Mon 01-Aug-11 21:21:23

Thanks MrsCB grin.

TastyMuffins Mon 01-Aug-11 21:24:28

I went bare legged to a job interview when it was roasting hot, I got the job, but it was the worst job I ever had, absolutely hated it.

TheSmallClanger Mon 01-Aug-11 21:35:33

Tights are good for some slight foot protection.

You can always whip them off as soon as you leave!

bunjies Mon 01-Aug-11 21:35:49

It must have been punishment TastyMuffins! Let that be a lesson to all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now