Talk

Advanced search

Pine green skirt - I love it, but WHAT on earth can I wear with it?

(9 Posts)
nicecupofteaplease Mon 01-Aug-11 18:17:07

I got a lovely dark/pine green cord skirt in the Jigsaw sale today. I am in love with it, it's bright and unusual, and my colour.

But what on earth can I wear with it, colour wise. Anything bright is OTT because it's such a strong colour. All I've come up with so far is light grey marl sweater. There must be something better than this. It looks a bit odd next to blue, and I seem to remember some rule about no blue and green together. Red makes me look like an elf/Christmas tree.

I must find something, it's just so lovely. Sob sob.

spiderslegs Mon 01-Aug-11 18:30:05

Links? Need to see the colour really.

What's the stye of the skirt? Short, long? A-line or straight?

this?

or this? where she has it open with the striped tank.

Think stripes may be your friend in this case.

spout Mon 01-Aug-11 18:31:23

a kinda muted terracotta somethingorother would go.

spiderslegs Mon 01-Aug-11 18:36:27

Was also thinking mutated terracotta (is that an F & B shade).

spout Mon 01-Aug-11 18:38:17

[http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2462295&cmpid=awin&_$ja=tsid:19886|prd:79682 like this?]]

spout Mon 01-Aug-11 18:38:38

ooooooooooooooops this 'un

nicecupofteaplease Mon 01-Aug-11 18:44:11

Gah, it's not on jigsaw website anymore. this is quite close in colour, but it's not as 'vintage' as this one, more just above the knee A line type style. Man, it sounds horrid. It's not, it is beeeeautiful

spiderslegs Mon 01-Aug-11 18:55:57

What about a loose breton T in a darker cream colour, got a great one from Toast last A/W.

Nothing too fitted though probably.

sockpoppet Mon 01-Aug-11 18:58:29

Bright pink, lilac or lemon yellow. Turquoise would look good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now