Talk

Advanced search

Self tanning - advice for a novice please.

(4 Posts)
TartyMcFarty Mon 01-Aug-11 17:36:01

Apologies if this has been done to death - I'm new to S&B, as you would instantly know if you saw me in RL grin

I've bought some St Moriz tanning mousse today, having read lots of glowing reviews. I have used tanning products in the past - those gradual tanning moisturisers and also St Tropez I think, but I've always ended up blotchy and streaky, especially round the foot and ankle areas. Time for some advice from experts!

So, how can I avoid the streaky extremities? And is St Moriz suitable for use on my face? I've bought St Tropez latex gloves and a mitt - do I need both of those or would just the mitt do?

And perhaps the most important question - should I just take the stuff back and pay for a salon tan?

lubeybooby Mon 01-Aug-11 17:45:46

Exfoliate and moisturise several million times, then once more for luck - I go one better than extra moisturiser on my feet, ankles, elbows and sides of my hands and knuckles too and actually use vaseline on those (the dryest areas) then apply preferably with one of those tan mitts... or if you don't have one use hands but wash palms very carefully after.

I use any excess on the mitt after for my face.

Seems to work well haven't gone streaky since the mega exfoliation and vaseline method.

TartyMcFarty Mon 01-Aug-11 21:50:54

Right, I'll start exfoliating tonight then!

If I apply Weds night, is the tan still likely to look good on Fri?

happy2bhomely Mon 01-Aug-11 22:05:10

Fakebake do a really good oily spray that you spray on knees, feet, ankles and elbows to stop the colour from sticking to dry bits. They also do a moisturising spray called mistifier or something which is great to stop the tan going patchy if you use it every day. I've used them with Fakebake and ST Tropez. St Tropez do a really good 'how to' video on line. If you want the tan to look it's best then I'd do it Thursday. Just exfoliate, shave and moisturise until then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now