Talk

Advanced search

Which make of jeans for heavy thighs?

(20 Posts)
menagerie Mon 01-Aug-11 15:40:28

Sorry if that makes all the S&B queens go eewww, but I need to know.

I've got bigger, and though I intend to get smaller, in the meantime I need jeans that fit. I know they should be dark and straight or bootcut not skinny but if anyone has first hand experience of jeans which work magic on chunky legs, I'd love to know the brand.

sweetheart Mon 01-Aug-11 15:49:11

I am a pear shape and so have a huge bottom and thighs and I have several pairs of Gap Long & Lean jeans in various colours / lengths.

Skimummy Mon 01-Aug-11 16:34:38

I like Seven for All Mankind, Citizens for Humanity...and I also have a pair of J Brand that are lovely. On the more expensive side though!

mollymole Mon 01-Aug-11 16:36:37

what about GAP 'Curvy'

sweetheart Mon 01-Aug-11 16:57:47

Last time I went to my local Gap they were out of L&L jeans and the sales assistant said that curvy jeans were dead similar and so I brought a pair of them instead - worst jeans ever!!!!

They are very bootcut and quite fitted around the knee which just ends up making your arse look massive as they taper in so much.

sprinkles77 Mon 01-Aug-11 21:32:25

Not sure what shape you are. I am fairly petite (5ft2, size 8-10) but BIG thighs. Arse not big. Waist a bit ill defined, not thick but not small enough to be hour glass. The result is that jeans that fit my thighs usually gape at the waist, especially the back. My current faves are from miss selfridge. Skinny but very very stretchy, distressed wash (paler at knees etc). Waist sits an inch or so below my navel. I got the smaller size and they look good and are comfy. I like the idea of boot leg but once I take them up they look more like straight leg (I have a 29" inner leg). I also have a pair of topshop jeans, i think "boyfriend" style. Really quite baggy. They're not that sexy, but DH likes me in them with something tight and lower cut on top! I wear them sort of low slung which gives me a bit more room in the thigh.

cyb Mon 01-Aug-11 21:34:13

I disagree about Gap Curvy

The last pair I bought were fab, very flatttering on my huge behind

happy2bhomely Mon 01-Aug-11 21:49:19

levicurve.co.uk/

I have these jeans. I did the online consultation thing, and went for the demi curve and they fit great. They are straight but not skinny. They are really flattering.

HellonHeels Mon 01-Aug-11 22:11:47

The Levi curve jeans look quite low rise - are they? I don't like low rise, hate the way my stomach rolls over the top, very unflattering. Obv. I could lose weight and tone up, but until then, well...

menagerie Mon 01-Aug-11 22:52:45

Thanks everyone. I'm pear shaped, big hips and thighs and chubby knees sad. Slim from the waist up and mid calf down. The middle of my body belongs to some beefy matron. I just want some dark jeans that pull everything in, like good tights do, so that I can wear nice tops with them for everyday. Haven't ever tried Gap jeans so will give them a go. I always get the problem that jeans that fit my legs are huge round the waist.

whostolemyname Sat 06-Aug-11 00:04:17

Im the same shape as you and I like Gap sexy boot jeans.

Merinda Sat 06-Aug-11 00:10:15

after trying lots of different brands (cheap and expensive), I found that Hugo Boss sells the best jeans for pear shapes. I am very happy with the fit, have gone through several pairs already. (always try to buy on sale, they are quite expensive otherwise)

AlpinePony Sat 06-Aug-11 07:28:34

Babyphat. Although most 'urban' brands are good.

doigthebountyeater Sat 06-Aug-11 18:48:47

I will probably get shouted down but I am the same shape as you and discovered Per Una jeans years ago - since then I've never worn anything else. They are exactly the right fit for a big thighed woman and as they are pretty cheap, you can experiment with the colours and styles.

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 06-Aug-11 18:52:54

If you are not fussed about bug brands look for BHS 'Dream Jeans'.

They claim to make you look a size smaller and they are pretty good. Only minor downside is that they ate pretty high waisted.

I am similar shape to you. 3/4 of my weight is below my hips. I have,size 16 bum and hips, size 12 waist. I love them.

Bunbaker Sat 06-Aug-11 22:17:47

"Only minor downside is that they are pretty high waisted."

That's not a downside for me. I hate low waisted jeans and find them very uncomfortable as they cut into my widest part. I find that the downside of BHS jeans/trousers is that they don't make them long enough in the leg.

Ragwort Sat 06-Aug-11 22:19:56

I got some very nice jeans from Saisnbury's Tu range recently blush - great for fat curvy figures and a very good price.

notyummy Sun 07-Aug-11 09:57:36

I also like Gap Long and Lean, or Top Shop skinny flare.

BikeRunSki Sun 07-Aug-11 10:00:30

Another vote for Gap L&L. Don;t let the name put you off, go and try some on!

BodyUnknown Sun 07-Aug-11 10:26:50

Yet another for Gap Long & Lean. I didn't try them for years as the name put me off (my legs are definitely not lean, or long for that matter, and my big bum and small waist means all jeans gape hideously at the back) but I found a pair in a charity shop and was astonished to find that they fit, and flattered, better than any of my other jeans with their various problems. My charity shop pair were low-waisted but the ones now on sale are higher on the waist, which is great for holding in post-baby flab.

I agree, Gap Curvy were a total disappointment. I recommend Levi's Bold Curve if you have the money.

I like the shape of Topshop Jessie Flares but they gape a fair bit at the back so I have to wear them with a belt and long top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now