Talk

Advanced search

I need a [whispers] 'track suit' ...

(9 Posts)
EcoLady Mon 01-Aug-11 02:01:59

I start teacher training (Primary) in Sept. I must have a 'track suit' for PE, i.e. be ready for "Yes, I know it's raining but we're going outside anyway ..."

I'm a curvy size 14 and over 40. I'm sorted for proper trainers & sports bra but struggling to find something suitably sporty but sensible, without looking like a hippo or mutton dressed as chav!

All practical suggestions very welcome please.

CardiCorgi Mon 01-Aug-11 07:56:11

Does it need to be a track suit or would something like jazz-pants and a hoody do? That would be a lot more flattering and as long as the legs of the jazz-pants aren't too long (or they will pick up mud), it should be just as practical.

CardiCorgi Mon 01-Aug-11 07:59:35

Something like these? not the white ones, but one of the darker colours, add a brighter long sleeved top and a coordinating jacket/hoody/sweatshirt.

ameliameerkat Mon 01-Aug-11 08:53:10

I like the sporty stuff at H&M. And I agree with Cardi, I'd go for yoga type trousers and a (non-matching) zip up top/hoody.

talkingnonsense Mon 01-Aug-11 08:55:27

Tk Maxx often has good name sportswear pretty cheap. Second the advice to buy nice track pants/ joggers/ yoga pants and then get a nice sweatshirt. Joules and Boden very primary friendly and wash v well. Don't think you'll need a sports bra unless you have amazing norks! You will probably find you don't take it off- unless you are in y6 primary teachers spend a lot of time on the floor, climbing on desks, etc!

Dogsby Mon 01-Aug-11 09:23:24

just some track pants fgs not the hardest thing in the world to find

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 01-Aug-11 09:50:04

tkmaxx does have nice ones. Get yoga pants as others have said, then just a nice t shirt and hoody!

EcoLady Mon 01-Aug-11 19:34:10

Thank you all for the suggestions - genuinely appreciated.

Yoga pants & hoody it is smile

... and yes, I will wear a sports bra as I'm a 32H and anything more lively than stretches is just too painful!

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 01-Aug-11 23:45:37

good plan, and good luck with the teacher training too! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now