Talk

Advanced search

What shoes with this dress?

(8 Posts)
Alambil Sun 31-Jul-11 22:19:59

well, not THIS dress, because mine is light brown with cream spots (bigger spots too) .... but same shape...

I am fat and I have fat feet... what shoe style would you go with?

dress

louloubellamozzarella Sun 31-Jul-11 23:27:22

Depends how high you want to go I guess.. also how wide are your feet? I find that affects shoe choice as I'm wide footed myself.

I think black heels - peep toe or sandal for this time of year - would be good.

Something with a bow would be nice with the spots to go with a vintage vibe... How about these (although they are high the strap and platform would make them comfy:

www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-HEIST-Bow-Platform-High-Sandals/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1605396&Rf-200=11

I quite like these ones also from Evans - the stud detail might echo the spots on the dress (also come in tan if you wanted a different look). They look like versatile shoes that you could also wear with jeans and black tights in the winter:

[[http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33054&storeId=12553&productId=2250807&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=209442&parent_categoryId=209435&pageSize=20&refinements=category~[209443|209442]&noOfRefinements=1]] (sorry cannot get this link to work!)

These new look ones are cute but I'd take the brooch off and put on a little flower of something bronze to match the polka dots www.newlook.com/shop/womens/wide-fit-shoes-and-boots/satin-brooch-platforms_221356901

Hope that helps - Next and DPs also have decent shoes in, do lots of sizes and styles grin

Alambil Sun 31-Jul-11 23:57:00

I'm probably best sticking to 2 inches or less - I'll fall over otherwise!

Also, my feet are Very Wide - I have to order the tripple Es from Simply Be - Evans usually fit well....

MrsShrekTheThird Mon 01-Aug-11 00:21:39

Ello Lewis me ol' mate grin

love the dress (and you stop being so rude about yourself, thankyou)

I'd suggest some wedges, black sandal-y things? I've got grannys feet wide feet, also shop at Evans for footwear. On a good day I can also fit into New Look's wide fit (generally half a size up)
will go google and come back. I've got some but they're a couple of years old...pah.

MrsShrekTheThird Mon 01-Aug-11 00:29:39

this sort of thing?
awesome if you have size 5 feet
love these!!

MrsShrekTheThird Mon 01-Aug-11 00:31:46

now you've done it! grin

I want these - tho probably not quite wide enough for either of us

tethersend Mon 01-Aug-11 09:24:47

These would work

Alambil Tue 02-Aug-11 00:16:53

ooo I love lots of them.... but I dunno ...

I am thinking the peeptoe courts are too posh; I think I will only wear the dress down the town and things like that, dinner in Harvester type going-out rather than posh meals.

but then I can't think what I DO want

<awkward>

<ps - remind me who you are Shrek cos I think I should know you <bad MNer>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now