Talk

Advanced search

H&M for childrens clothes, any good?

(29 Posts)
lilly153 Sun 31-Jul-11 21:36:44

got their cat delivered yesterday, ive never shopped in their for ds whos 4 for clothes but seen some nice and cheap stuff to
is their stuff any good? does it wash well

Gastonladybird Sun 31-Jul-11 21:38:57

Yes very good - lasts well,washes well and like fact designs are bit unusual.

tulpe Sun 31-Jul-11 21:40:17

IME each item needs to be assessed on its own merits, IYSWIM. I have bought stuff for DS1 that is still going strong for DS2 but other items have fallen apart/appear very worn quite quickly. Better to buy in store so you can check quality before buying rather than ordering online and paying delivery charges.

AnyFucker Sun 31-Jul-11 21:41:01

yup

RickGhastley Sun 31-Jul-11 21:42:13

Brilliant!

Clothes are fashionable, well priced, they wash well and last for ages.

I get most of DS's stuff there.

TracyK Sun 31-Jul-11 21:42:25

So far - everyting has been good for my ds.

CointreauVersial Sun 31-Jul-11 21:42:36

Slighly quirkier than regular high-street stuff. DS likes it.

BornToFolk Sun 31-Jul-11 21:43:16

I love H&M for DS. He's living in some jersey shorts that I got for £1.99 each. They are washing very well, much better than Tesco ones that have bleached out and lost their shape. I love their t-shirts too.

lilly153 Sun 31-Jul-11 21:48:27

thanks everybody, hadnt even thought about their for sons clothes but couldnt beleave the price of the stuff especialy as most of it looked really nice, will need to be having a wee trip to H&M soon smile

PurveyorOfBaloney Sun 31-Jul-11 21:51:14

We like H&M here. They have a good range of colours in amongst the more supermarkety type stuff. Also most of their kids trousers have adjustable waists, which is a must. I have found their sizes are pretty generous (though my kids are on the smaller end of average)

twoboots Sun 31-Jul-11 21:54:10

even better in the sales, i wouldnt buy without seeing first
the denims are hard wearing
dd has a cotton stripey shirt that was £4 and incredibly well cut.

acatcalledfelix Sun 31-Jul-11 22:02:07

I like it as I only tend to buy lower priced clothes for DS (so generally supermarket stuff), and their clothes are pretty cheap but the designs can be lovely. If you're looking for something a bit quirky then it's the place to go, and as others have said, the adjustable waists are great. The stuff does come up quite big, so you'd need to check sizes first.

SingingSands Sun 31-Jul-11 22:02:50

I love H&M for kids. Both DD and DS have lots of clothes from there and I like that their some of their stuff is a bit quirky. I find it all washes well and lasts in good condition. In fact, DS has been wearing a striped hoody for 2 years now and it still looks great! I bought DD a little sun dress when she was 3yrs old and she still wears it now (aged 7!) as a top!

levantine Sun 31-Jul-11 22:02:56

My DS has had some really lovely things from H&M

levantine Sun 31-Jul-11 22:03:56

I've just remembered, their boys jeans are fantastic, really nice denim and well cut

Jojay Sun 31-Jul-11 22:05:59

Love it. Sizing is big, especially bottoms.

BulletWithAName Sun 31-Jul-11 22:07:45

I almost exclusively shop at H&M for my DC's clothes. They are fantastic, they wear and wash well and always have something a little bit different than the rest of the high street kids ranges.

Meglet Sun 31-Jul-11 22:10:31

Yes. We like them. Boys jeans & combats are great.

They sell the only logo t-shirts I will let the dc's wear (hello kitty, Elmo, Snoopy, rock groups etc).

Nice basics too, DS has some of the long sleeve stripy t-shirts

lilly153 Sun 31-Jul-11 22:10:48

will be sure to take son with me then for sizing, from what i seen of their clothes in the cat it was the colours that made me ask if their clothes were any good or not because i tend to find the min it hits winter all boys clothes are dark colours and find it really hard to find him anything nice with a bit of colour init
so thanks all smile

BulletWithAName Sun 31-Jul-11 22:11:42

They sell the only logo t-shirts I will let the dc's wear (hello kitty, Elmo, Snoopy, rock groups etc).

Same here, H&M make them look cool, not tacky.

NotJustKangaskhan Sun 31-Jul-11 22:15:52

Yes, I've found lots of good clothes there, particularly during their sales. And they are the only place that sells underpants my DD1 doesn't destroy blush.

However, I've found their shoes, particularly for kids, are more for decoration than work and tend to fall apart rather quickly in comparison to other shoes elsewhere in the same/lower price range.

CaptainNancy Sun 31-Jul-11 22:17:31

The organic cotton long-sleeved plain tops (girls and boys) are very good quality- thicker than most t-shirts, lovely bright colours, and just wear and wear.

Trousers tend to be v skinny cut, even though my DD is 25th percentile for weight, and 75th for height, sometimes their trousers are too tight shock

We have had cords and chino types, and they've been great quality. Also some dresses, which have been decent too.

It's great because there's a range of coulours not simply a pink/blue split.

justtired Mon 01-Aug-11 01:20:39

I totally LOVE H&M. I go in there to dress my 4 yr old and 4 month old and come out with bags of stuff for not alot of money, its all quite trendy without being too old for children and the basic range (plain tops, joggers, jeans) all look lovely too and are so cheap. Got both boys fitted long sleeved tops the other day, they both look so cute and the babys one was £2.50 and the toddlers one was £2.99 they wash lovely too

They also do nice things for mummys! x

MmeBucket Mon 01-Aug-11 02:52:06

Hmm. This thread is really confusing me. I'm in America and we just had our first H&M open up by us. I went there just because I'd heard of it on Mumsnet, but found the clothes felt really cheaply made, and some items were literally falling apart on the hanger. I wonder if the quality varies by country?

CaptainNancy Mon 01-Aug-11 10:15:53

I imagine it does MmeB- especially in the US. They have different things in the french stores from the UK, though some things are the same. Also- as people have said, the quality varies from item to item too, even in UK.

I suppose Americans are used to decent children's clothes though- gap, gymboree, hanna anderson etc are all fantastic quality, and would easily be passed on through 3 or 4 children often. Even target has decent stuff...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now