Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is a perm a really bad idea?

(4 Posts)
L8rAllig8r Sun 31-Jul-11 15:45:52

I have hair that ends about 4 inches or so below my shoulders, so not short but not hugely long. It has permanent dye on it and is in reasonable condition, bit prone to dryness but generally ok. It looks best when I curl it but it takes me ages and is definitely not possible every day with DS to look after. Would I be mad to have a spiral curl type of perm? Can they look nice or will i look like an 80s throwback? And roughly how long would it last?

Grateful for any advice!

LC200 Sun 31-Jul-11 21:53:56

It would look lovely, but I fear it would wreck your hair. I had mine permed in November last year. I had long fine straight hair which had been previously highlighted. My hair had always been in fabulous condition, but the perm made it a bit like straw. Even though I used really expensive repair type stuff, it actually made my hair break off. I had to have it cut into a short bob, which I love, but if it's not something you'd want to do, then I would suggest not having the perm!

L8rAllig8r Wed 03-Aug-11 13:20:41

Thanks LC200 . I just really really really want it curly all the time <stamps foot> If only there was an easy way!

PerryCombover Wed 03-Aug-11 13:30:42

yes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: