Talk

Advanced search

Clothes with two boys!

(10 Posts)
happywheezer Sun 31-Jul-11 14:34:03

I was at the beach last week with my 3 year old crabbing. I was wearing a maxi dress. This was stupid however it was all I packed.
My husband said that with two boys I need to rethink my wardrobe of dresses. I like a nice dress but see my future as fleeces and joules tops.
Mystic people can you predict a different path or is my husband right?

prolificwillybreeder Sun 31-Jul-11 16:11:47

I have boys and refuse to believe I will end up in jeans and fleeces.
I wear dresses and skirts all the time and although I probably would of worn leggings or roll up chinos to go crabbing. I am not changing my wardrobe for my babies smile
* I do wear less clothes that show that ever so glamourous snot covered shoulder.

prolificwillybreeder Sun 31-Jul-11 16:13:06

* I do own a couple of Joules tops but did pre baby for just pottering about the house blush

nickschick Sun 31-Jul-11 16:17:19

I have 3 ds and am well known for my funky/quirky wardrobe style ......even if I do wear jeans you can funk them up so its not 'mumsy'.

applecrumbleandcream Sun 31-Jul-11 16:18:19

Sorry, please explain to me why you can't wear dresses with two boys? confused

BuckBuckMcFate Sun 31-Jul-11 16:18:39

But you could carry on in your dresses if you had 2 girls hmm

nethunsreject Sun 31-Jul-11 16:24:54

I wear dresses all the time - jersey wrap overs. Very comfy.

dottyaboutstripes Sun 31-Jul-11 16:34:18

Rubbish! I have 3 boys and almost always wear skirts/ dresses. I have no idea what your dh is banging on about

tulpe Sun 31-Jul-11 16:42:38

I have two boys and wear skirts and dresses a lot. However, to go crabbing I wouldn't have worn a maxi dress - unless it was a very simple jersey/cotton style and even then...... TBH, if you are taking little ones to the beach, irrespective of gender, then there are more practical outfits that you could have packed.

I only wear a fleece when skiing or walking my dog in winter. Even then, I wear a fitted style rather than mumsy baggy style. I only own one piece of Joules clothing and that's a cotton skirt - so no more or less practical than any other brand smile

Your DH is talking cack.

happywheezer Sun 31-Jul-11 17:43:18

I realise that wearing a maxi dress to go crabbing was a bit stupid but the day didn't start out that way, we just ended up at the beach.
I'm wearing a dress today but a shorter one.
I think my husband was trying to get at that my clothes need to be a bit more practical as we have two boys.
I don't know if having girls would make any difference. I think he thinks that boys are more active.
I think he thinks that fleeces are the order of the day!
He approved the fact that I bought some treggings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now