Talk

Advanced search

Anyone gone from long to short hair successfully?

(4 Posts)
OnEdge Sun 31-Jul-11 09:18:16

I have had long hair all my life and its really getting on my tits now grin
I've got 3 little kids and run my own business blah blah blah, so Im always fucked, and i'm always scraping my hair back into a horrid ponytail.

I am thinking about having it short, any ideas ? And is anyone happier with it after it was cut, or do you all regret it ?

mckenzie Sun 31-Jul-11 09:34:57

I have done a couple of times and always found it refreshing and a good experience. I have then endded up about a year later growing it again to then get it all cut off again but that's just me smile

SophRunning Sun 31-Jul-11 09:44:23

I had long hair for 20 years and then chopped it all off 9 months ago before turning 40. Loved it: felt reinvented and reinvigorated.

However since then I've realised that a. long hair is much much easier to deal with when you're in a hurry/having a bad hair day cos you can just put it up b. i quite liked who i was before and c. short hair can be very ageing..

Am now growing it back!

mckenzie Sun 31-Jul-11 09:50:42

I assume by your title you are a runner Soph and I too found it harder for exercise when my hair was short as I didn't have the classic pony tail option. I went even shorter to combat that issue and also to combat the hassle in the morning issue. I think it does depend on your hair texture too. Mine is very fine and straight so i needed a very short urchin cut that i washed or damped down, ran my fingers through and away i went. If you have thicker wavy hair I think you have more options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now