Talk

Advanced search

To fringe & not to fringe?

(15 Posts)
spiderslegs Sat 30-Jul-11 22:43:28

Have shoulder-ish, thick, dark hair.

Had a blunt fringe cut last year which I really liked at the time, but now not so sure, can't decide whether to grow it out or not & if I do, what do I do with it all?

Am currently faffig about with grips.

Suggestions please.

Will pop some photos of pre-fringe & post fringe on profile - all suggestions welcome.

Brutal honesty not a problem.

spiderslegs Sat 30-Jul-11 23:16:26

In fact I looking I can't even find a photo of me with my hair down pre-fringe - I always wore it up - telling maybe.

spiderslegs Sat 30-Jul-11 23:24:01

Have put one on with hair up which was general pre-fringe look.

Bourbonchops Sat 30-Jul-11 23:35:56

I think you carry the fringe look well.
Also think no fringe suits you but the fringe looks quite modern.

spiderslegs Sat 30-Jul-11 23:56:15

Thanks Bourbon, am torn. Clothes wise, I like to keep it simple & fairly casual, lots of Toast, J-Crew, Vanessa Bruno etc.

Have found since the fringe am having to dress differently, more APC, Whistles etc.

Don't know if that's me anymore, hence my torn-ness.

MissMaryofSweden Sun 31-Jul-11 00:06:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spiderslegs Sun 31-Jul-11 00:19:48

That's what I was thinking MissMary - I may go and ask about 'swoosh bangs'.

How long should they be though?

Don't want to come over all Farrah Fawcett.

MissMaryofSweden Sun 31-Jul-11 01:00:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CointreauVersial Sun 31-Jul-11 01:05:59

I uxsed

CointreauVersial Sun 31-Jul-11 01:08:53

Crap, what happened there?!

I used to have "swoosh bangs" but got sick of all the swooshing and now have a regular fringe.

OP, you look good with either, sorry if that's not much help.

NotEnoughTime Sun 31-Jul-11 09:45:46

I agree with the other you look great either way envy but I personally prefer you with no fringe as I think you have a very pretty "small" face that you need to show off, not "hide" behind a fringe if that makes sense.

PHAB Sun 31-Jul-11 10:18:21

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

noddyholder Sun 31-Jul-11 10:36:44

I found I had to be more deliberately fashion-y with fringe. I liek you wear my hair mostly in a chignon without fringe and find I can do more classic looks without. You look good with both but I prefer no fringe

MrsSeanBean Sun 31-Jul-11 12:32:15

I vote no fringe, or if you must - definitely a longer 'grown out' look fringe - 'sweepaway' is it? - wow I had no idea there was even a term. Your hair looks great up, btw.

I share your dilemma, as I am in perpetual indecision. I tell my hairdresser I am growing out my fringe, then secretly snip it so that it never does, as many of them just don't 'get' the halfway house (best of both worlds) idea.

spiderslegs Mon 01-Aug-11 17:24:35

Mmm - thanks for you thoughts there people, think I may grow the bugger out, even with a fringe I still tend to wear it up, mainly because I'm rubbish at doing my hair so just go for regular blow-dries and wear it down then.

I guess I'll have to come to terms with eye-brow maintenance again.....

May experiment with the swoosh/sweep in the in-between period though, I quite like the idea of being a swoosher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now